Purchased a Glock 36 Today - Page 2

Purchased a Glock 36 Today

This is a discussion on Purchased a Glock 36 Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The glock 36 is one of my favorite carry guns. Light, thin, accurate, reliable and potent. What's not like?? Congrats!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Purchased a Glock 36 Today

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The glock 36 is one of my favorite carry guns. Light, thin, accurate, reliable and potent. What's not like?? Congrats!
    glockcoma likes this.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

You will love it. Mine is my main EDC. Had a grip reduction done which makes it even better.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I almost gave up on Glocks but then the 36 came along... oh yeah!

Congratulations!
    What he said -- I really like mine.
    glockcoma likes this.

Congrats on your new addition. My next glock purchase will probably be a 36. I like those little .45 blasters.

Congrats on a good purchase. I love my 36 and it is my primary carry gun. It hides great, shoots great, and feels great in my hands. Enjoy your new gun!

VIP Member
    I had a 36 but got transferred to Europe suddenly, so I sold it. Been wanting another one ever since. Its one of the very few 'non-custom' auto-loaders' I trust out of the box.
    glockcoma likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have the 20 and 21, love my 36, how about a 10mm 36, that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Congrats, on a great .45. My Armorer carries one, he told me its amazingly accurate, Have a great day at the range.
    Sadly, it rained on Saturday morning (i prefer outdoor ranges) and I wont get to shoot this until a week from Monday (taking a vacation day) and plan on putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Excellent little carry pistols!
    Light and flat, especially for a GLOCK.
    I don't carry mine all the time, it shares that duty with other firearms, but it feels good when I have it on.

FINALLY got to go shoot it today with friend of mine who got a Kahr 9mm. Put 200 rounds through it at the outdoor range in 75 degree temps..... wow was that fun to shoot. Super easy to load, very fast to bring the gun back on target after the shoot, very mild recoil and not a single firing issue. Wow, this was a good day! I am very happy with my purchase.
    brocktice and glockcoma like this.

Cool

Love my G-36. It shares duty with my G-23 for concealed carry but more and more I am leaning towards the .45. It just feels right.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I've come >this close< to buying a G36 several times. I don't have a .45. But when I put the G36 next to the G19 (which I do own) they are virtually the same size - the G36's grip is just a hair thinner. For that, you drop from 16 rounds of 9mm to only 7 of .45. That's a big difference in capacity, and I just cannot get over that. Maybe some day.

Glad yours is running ok, though I'm not surprised. Glocks rock right outta the box!
    brocktice likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by PSLOwner View Post
    I went with a friend to help him shop for a Kahr 9mm for his wife and I intended to get a Ruger LCP. Then I noticed the Glock 36 next to it and asked to hold it as well. Well..... I am a glock addict as I already have a Glock 21 and a Glock 30, so I ended up with the Glock 36 instead of the Ruger LCP.

I know the Ruger is supposed to be awesome (I already have its heavier sister the LCR and I love it), but the LCP felt unsubstantial in my hands. I am not Andre the Giant by any means, but the Glock just felt right.

Do I NEED a 21, 30 and 36? No...... but I feel fine with my decision.
    I have owned and shot Glocks for the last 13 years and my duty weapon was a G 19. I have always carried a 9mm Glock as my concealed weapon but just recently purchased a G36 and decided on this for my every day carry. I love everything about this gun and I can't believe I did not do this years ago. As I said, I have been shooting Glocks for 13 years and I am still waiting for my FIRST MALFUNCTION! I trust no other gun with my life!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have a G30, keep G21 mags in it at home, but at times wish I had the G36 for carry. It's not so much the size, but the lighter weight of less .45 ammo on the hip! I have no doubt you'll be pleased with your new purchase.
    I also have a G30SF and keep it at home or take it in the car with me. I always carried a 9mm Glock for every day carry but I just recently purchased the G36 and decided to switch and I'm glad I did this because this gun is just great. I feel very confident with 6 + 1 od .45. I just can't believe I did not do this years ago. Love this Gun!

I bought a G36 last month that has night sights and 4 mags. It was on consignment. Tore it down to look at frame,rails internals and everything was perfect on it. I called the previous owner about it and the person is a retired State Patrol gent I knew when he was a cop in my town.He said he went back carrying his Colt 1991A1 Officers compact model for his edc. Now,he wants to go to the shop with me and shoot. G36,nice weapon for what it is with no malfunctions at all Before I got it,he had 100 rounds only threw it. I put another 300 rounds of Hornady Critical and functioned real fine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links