Purchased a Glock 36 Today

This is a discussion on Purchased a Glock 36 Today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how is carrying the g36 compared to the g30? I'm seriously contemplating picking up a glock 30 and my only concern is about the width ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Purchased a Glock 36 Today

how is carrying the g36 compared to the g30? I'm seriously contemplating picking up a glock 30 and my only concern is about the width of the gun and if that will be a problem for EDC.

i currently carry a snub that measures 1.318 in width, and the g30 is only 1.28 or something in width but i have my doubts that it will be as comfortable as my snub. it feels great in my hands, but didn't have a chance to wear it IWB so any input would be great.

if i'm perfectly fine carrying my snub IWB as my EDC, will the g30 be that bad?

2. Remove Ads

I carry mine the same way.......I have a crossbreed for the 30 and the 36.

Took both to the range on Saturday and shot then both. What fun!
    ccman likes this.

Love my G36, and am trying out different holsters for different dress requirement.

Feel very good about my G36 and really enjoy shooting it.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Shot one at the range a few weeks back and it was dead on. I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus851 View Post
    how is carrying the g36 compared to the g30? I'm seriously contemplating picking up a glock 30 and my only concern is about the width of the gun and if that will be a problem for EDC.

i currently carry a snub that measures 1.318 in width, and the g30 is only 1.28 or something in width but i have my doubts that it will be as comfortable as my snub. it feels great in my hands, but didn't have a chance to wear it IWB so any input would be great.

Keep in mind that a snub is wide around the cylinder, but narrow everywhere else. The G30 is wide everywhere. That being said, it isn't too bad if you get a holster that doesn't add much thickness. The G36 feels a bit better IWB but not by a huge amount IMO. The biggest difference for me is in concealability. Shirts that would make the G30 print slightly are no problem with the G36.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus851 View Post

I have carried the 30 IWB and it is tolerable. It actually is pretty comfy all day. But when my day goes beyond 8 hours or so, it gets to be a bit of a PITB. I like having the capacity of the 30 with a spare 21 mag. But the 36 is the most comfortable larger caliber weapon that I have for IWB carry. I usually have the 7 in the gun and 1 spare mag, sometimes 2. I just have to be aware of that before getting involved in anything as an off-duty PO.

The 36 has been my primary go to off-duty gun in these last few hot NY summer weeks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    I picked up a 36 and took it to the range today, sweet sweet sweet. Now time for holster shopping, any suggestions ?. IWB & OSWB.

I really like my G36 ..one of my favorite carry guns...I also own a Glock 21 Gen 4 ... which also is a great gun .. but I carry the 36 alot more..

I use a holster I purchased for my G23..its a OWB open top, no strap pancake purchased it on ebay...I use it for 3 pistols My G36 ,G23 ,and my S&W SD9VE
    Here in TN you have carry permits...open carry or concealed
    ccman likes this.

Distinguished Member
    A Glock 36 is a great gun. But it could never replace my LCP because of its size and how I use my LCP. But if you were not in need of a pistol to put in your back pocket or ankle carry, etc. and just carry IWB, a 36 is a good one to have. I would not get an LCP for a primary carry gun unless that was all I could afford and I needed a wide range of carry options. As for me I prefer to carry my SR1911 CMD first and foremost and then my XDs45. But always tagging along with me (most of the time) is my LCP.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

It's a good decision and great gun, that 36. It will never match the LCP in terms of conceal ability (not many guns can) but I'd take 6+1 of .45 over the same amount of pew pew .380 any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ccman and glockcoma like this.

How does it compare to the LCP size-wise?? Could you or do you pocket carry the 36?

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    There's actually a lot of hate on the LCP on this forum if you look around. Nice choice with the 36!

But...

Quote Originally Posted by thechriskarel View Post
    How does it compare to the LCP size-wise?? Could you or do you pocket carry the 36?
    Nope you can't. You really can't. Through my travels I've found that only two types of guns can be pocket carried: lightweight snub nosed revolver and a .380 mouse gun. G36? Forget about it.

thechriskarel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Nope you can't. You really can't. Through my travels I've found that only two types of guns can be pocket carried: lightweight snub nosed revolver and a .380 mouse gun. G36? Forget about it.

Yeah right after I asked the question, I went on Glock's site and found out that it's a big no. Just too long.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    There's actually a lot of hate on the LCP on this forum if you look around. Nice choice with the 36!

But...

There you go Sir, understood and point taken.
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links