Do you carry on how you feel?

This is a discussion on Do you carry on how you feel? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has come to my attention that how a person feels dictates how and what is carried out the door for CCW. I'm intrested in ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you carry on how you feel?

It has come to my attention that how a person feels dictates how and what is carried out the door for CCW.

I'm intrested in what and how folks out there carry when these moods arise.
    (Ram Rod, you opened the door on this one)

When I'm feeeling real loose and free, I usually have my Kel Tec PF9 on my waist at 3 o'clock cause its light. But when I'm feeling a somber wind, the Glock 26 with a G19 mag in it is always by my side.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

What I carry is generally dictated by what I am wearing more so then how I am feeling on any particular day. How I feel generally does not factor into the equation.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I don't feel much different from day to day, and when not at work, I have a Glock on my person...be it a '36' or a '26'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Except for hunting, hiking, or other treks afield I never feel like carrying. It is just prudent to do so at all times.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    I pretty much carry the same all the time except when I need deep concealment. Moods play no part so far... but at my age, I'm on the lookout for new developments!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

When I just don't feel like carrying, it is my stainless Airweight Bodyguard. Usually, my Glock G36. If it feels a bit weird out, Glock G29 SF.

GM
    I choose CCW depending on the attire. I do not see how the way I feel could dictate how and what I carry.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Except for hunting, hiking, or other treks afield I never feel like carrying. It is just prudent to do so at all times.
    /\ This /\ .... exactly.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    What I carry is generally dictated by what I am wearing more so then how I am feeling on any particular day. How I feel generally does not factor into the equation.
    +1 Depending on how I'm dressed will determine if I take the 5" 45 or the much smaller 9mm
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

I understand what you're saying. When everyone once in a while i carry my gp 100. I'm not exactly sure why some days i feel like i need to, but it just happens.

Another vote for attire dictating my carry. 2.25 sp101 DAO in summer. XDm 40 and occasionally a full size 1911 in winter.

IWB no matter whether I carry the Glock G22 or the SA 1911. They are both comfortable and assure a chance of survival if needed. Maybe I need them both at times, have not gone that far yet.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

I believe that it doesnt matter how long you plan on being out,a threat can come up if you simply go out for eggnog and gas.I always have my TRP,2 spare mags,and at least 1 knife.In the woods i replace the 1911 and spare mags with a Smith .500 and a fanny pack full of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockJS View Post
    It has come to my attention that how a person feels dictates how and what is carried out the door for CCW.
    It can, with some people and "conditions."

Generally, I'm carrying my primary when it's not crucial that I be utterly concealed; my backup when it's crucial I not be outed. In that sense, it mostly depends on my garments and how well concealed I can remain. On a dozen occasions or so (across 15yrs), I have felt in pain to the degree I thought the larger/heavier primary would be a burden all day long, hence I took the backup instead.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I change what I carry depending on what I'm doing and where.

When I'm in the woods hiking and hunting then my S&W 66-1 357 comes out to play with extra speed loaders and S&W 442 as backup.
    When I'm running to the store in a lower crime area I still carry two guns but primary might be a S&W 442 with Kel-tec P3AT as backup.
    When we are going to the Mall of America (#1 terrorist target in MN and not during the weekend) I am loaded with M&P40 full size and M&P40 compact with extra mags and my P3AT. The wife carries her Bersa Thunder 380 with 2 extra mags.
    If I'm sick and need to leave the house then one or two revolvers is the way to go because simple and reliable with little thought needed.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links