The P250 vs ?? see here's what's happening

This is a discussion on The P250 vs ?? see here's what's happening within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Again, I'm not selling the P250; I'm just trying to provide some balance. So when I saw these pics posted I had to relate this. ...

Thread: The P250 vs ?? see here's what's happening

Senior Moderator

The P250 vs ?? see here's what's happening

Again, I'm not selling the P250; I'm just trying to provide some balance. So when I saw these pics posted I had to relate this.

This guy is a superb shot. By his own admission he is a SA guy. He went out and bought a P250 and shot this group at 15 yards:

Well, in his post maybe he doesn't show the typical disrespect toward the P250, he just won't/can't give it credit. Then he went on to post this pic of his performance of his stiker and DA/SA guns at the same distance:

Granted there is a bit of difference between the two targets. It is clear the striker-fired and DA/SA performance is a bit, and only a bit better. Let's be honest, most of us couldn't shoot any kind of gun that well.

But, this was the first time he had shot his P250! Who knows how many times and how many years he has shot the stiker and DA/SA guns. And if my suspicions hold, those DA/SA shots are probably all SA. I've asked him about that.

So what do we have? A self-admitted SA guy with expensive SA guns, which BTW he shoots significantly better than the targets indicated above, and the first shots fired from his P250, just about matches his performance with his striker fired and DA/SA guns.

Wonder what the targets would look like if he'd been shooting the P250 as long and as much as he had his striker and DA/SA guns and his striker and DA/SA guns as little as the P250. Might the results be just the opposite? Even if not, consider what a SA guy did with his DAO P250 his first time out with it.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think that this proves that the skill is in the hand and eye of the shooter. If the platform is even remotely accurate, a skilled shooter should be as able to shoot just as well in SA, DAO, and DA/SA.

I once watched a guy win a $100 bet that, using a Hi-Point he had never held before, he could out shoot a loud-mouth guy shooting his own tricked out 1911. They shot 5 rounds at 15 yards in something like 10 seconds. Loud-mouth went first and did fairly well, but then the first guy stepped up and just casually picked up the Hi-Point and took the center out of his target. No muss, no fuss. Afterward the guy said, "It's not the gun. It's the shooter."

I know that the best thing I ever did was start shooting more DA. After that, switching to SA, DAO, or DA/SA became no problem.

I think that a bad shooter will blame a bad trigger for poor accuracy, while a good shooter will just learn the characteristics of that particular trigger and then do what needs to be done to get accurate shots.

Just my opinion.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Senior Moderator
    I agree, I think you've pretty well nailed it.

Administrator
    Firearms with great hand ergonomics help make shooting tight groups easier.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I think that a bad shooter will blame a bad trigger for poor accuracy, while a good shooter will just learn the characteristics of that particular trigger and then do what needs to be done to get accurate shots.

Just my opinion.
    Not only a bad shooter, but many who think a trigger has to operate a certain way. Like an automatic or stick shift, either will get you down the road if you make an effort to use them correctly. I don't look at different triggers as good or bad, just different.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Tangle,

I am going to have Sig send you a little trophy with a real live working DAO trigger. That is the least they can do for you!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Moderator
    Awww, don't pay too much attention to me Hawk, I'm just a little frustrated and venting a little.

I've been giving pretty good press to the M&P too though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Awww, don't pay too much attention to me Hawk, I'm just a little frustrated and venting a little.

I've been giving pretty good press to the M&P too though.
    Hey I am joke poking fun! I will be honest, you can shoot that P250 better then I could for sure! I grew up on the era in which revolvers where being phased out, and I just did not have a ton of trigger time with DA. When we did shoot them it was on my uncles Colt Python and I always cocked the hammer for the light single action. I still can't shoot anything better then my 1911's. It's the gun that if the chips were down and I had to make just one clutch accurate shot, hand me the 1911!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Always had to qualify with DA shooting or our department issued S&W .38spls. I was always one of the higher scoring qualifiers. I think that is in large part why I shoot auto's so well today.

I see absolutely no problem with the p250 target. Most shooters would be thrilled at shooting like that with a new gun.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    That is my target from my P250c from the first time I shot it. After about 200 rounds I really got used to the trigger. was doing 10 yards semi rapid fire.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10...01106-1358.jpg
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Hey I am joke poking fun!...
    Shoot! does that mean I'm not going to get the trophy now?

Links