How Do you CC your 1911?

This is a discussion on How Do you CC your 1911? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Galco Ultra deep cover(pictured) that I use to run for my Kimber Ultra mostly but it required thinner belts. My two gun ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Do you CC your 1911?

I have a Galco Ultra deep cover(pictured) that I use to run for my Kimber Ultra mostly but it required thinner belts. My two gun belts by Comptac are 1.5" and with them and the MTAC also pictured below I comfortably carry my Fullsize Steel 39oz Stainless II or my Ultra Carry II 25oz when empty. I use to CC the Ultra mostly, but with a good gun belt and the MTAC I really take either pistol, pending mood. The MTAC also gives you the option to change the Kydex Shell if you get another pistol.

2. Remove Ads

MTAC or Tucker THE ANSWER. Dressy Occasions Milt Sparks Versa Max II

I use a Galco Miami Classic II shoulder rig for driving on long trips or with a suit.

Full size Kimber

Milt Sparks VM2 mostly,Axiom for OWB.

VIP Member
    Ankle holster! I have muscular legs!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I'm carrying a 5" 1911 at present.

I have always preferred a bovine or equine product holster until recently. I'm currently in the process of testing out a Blad Tech IWB Holster. So far so good, and I give it high marks if one desires a Kydex holster. If not, then I like various IWB holsters from my short list of recommended leather benders. I tend to carry the same gun for at least a year. That includes the nine months of summer that I have to suffer from, and have found that the IWB Holsters tend to work better for me at keeping the gun concealed.

I will be testing an RCS IWB Holster next, but that is a modular holster and can be used OWB or IWB depending upon the belt attatchment. If I go back to leather it will be one of the IWB's from one of these makers:

(In no particular order)

Milt Sparks
    Kramer
    Mitch Rosen
    Matt del Fatti

The important thing to remember with the 1911, or any other full size gun, is to use a good belt too.

Biker

I carry my Colt Defender 3” .45 in a Galco N3 MIB.

While not completely "full size" my Commander is just 3/4'' of barrel away and the barrel isn't the hardest part to conceal.

I'm anal about concealment / not printing. If I'm carrying strong side IWB, I carry at about 3:00 with a generous forward kant. The Commander was comfortably carried and very concealed using a Blade-Tech UCH. I did modify the UCH by cutting off the sweat guard, and cutting off the bottom of the holster so that the barrel is sticking out, I also applied an adhesive to keep the holster set in the desired position (it was adjustable) after I got it just the way I wanted it. On my first carry session I was pleased, I packed the Commander for several hours without discomfort and my picky concealment requirement was met too (I should be able to lean / bend forward as if getting something out of a shopping cart without printing).

The Commander is in the modified UCH at top of photo.

holsters.jpg

Other concealment methods are a Mitch Rosen ARG for my Kimber Compact CDP, on right of pic. This holster would likely work with a larger 1911 too.

Kimber Ultra Carry II rides in either a FIST Kydex clip on "appendix" IWB or a Smartcarry for times when clothing won't allow for a bigger 1911 pistol.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I carry mine in a galco n3 IWB. It seems galco holsters take some effort to break them in. The price isn't bad if you shop around.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    90% of the time in a crossbreed supertuck at 4 o'clock. Occasionaly in a smart carry.
    what phreddy said except CBST at 8:30, 9:00

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    well since this thread was brought up again... I added a Galco miami classic holster. It works very well for winter carry.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

IWB, from Little Bear Holsters.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I use a Blade Tech IWB holster almost everyday. Sometimes I will use a Serpa belt holster(paddle) for times when I'm wearing a cover garment like a jacket. But usually it's tucked away in my IWB under a shirt. Even in summer under a t-shirt and shorts. I find pants and shirts one size larger then normal allow me to carry easily IWB. That oft quoted saying about CC being a lifestyle is true!

sgb

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

My full-sized 1911 with a OWB holster is my “cold weather” gun. I can conceal it perfectly with a light sweater. I can also use a XXL t-shirt and shorts with no issues at all, I just make sure the shirt length covers the gun.

I use a fist OWB holster

VIP Member
    Micro and Commander get carried in a Wild Billís Covert Carry and Kimber rides in a Summer Heat by Wild Billís.

P1010187.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links