XDsc vs M&Pc

This is a discussion on XDsc vs M&Pc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Considering an XDsc vs a M&Pc w/safety for Smart carry and IWB. Of these 2 which would you prefer. Any reason you would go with ...

View Poll Results: Which Gun for Smart Carry?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • XDsc

12 30.00%
  • M&Pc

28 70.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XDsc vs M&Pc

XDsc vs M&Pc

Considering an XDsc vs a M&Pc w/safety for Smart carry and IWB. Of these 2 which would you prefer. Any reason you would go with one over the other? Given the Smart Carry is a soft holster, I think I like an extra safety on the gun. I know SC claims the trigger cant be pressed but its a soft material and I dunno, you just never know. WIth my luck, I need to take all precautions. I did see a video on YT where a guy was able to depress a trigger through a SC. Granted it was a deliberate effort, but nontheless, its noteworthy. As for the 2 guns; I like the grip safety on the XD, doesnt seem to affect it negatively, so whats not to line. Don't like the high bore axis, or at least what appears to be a high bore axis. The M&Pc looks better and feels better and I see they sell a version with a thumb safety. As long as I practice, its the same motion as a 1911, so no big deal there either.

So whih would you choose for Smart Carry and occasional IWB??

2. Remove Ads

I actually have an XD40sc, and it is a very accurate and reliable shooter. It fits my hand pretty well, but is also hard to carry concealed because it is so thick. For that reason, I would look at the M&Pc. I have a fullsize M&P Pro and it is a fantastic shooter. The XD is heavier for its size, basically overbuilt, but will probably last two lifetimes; the M&P should carry better, and be equal to the XD in accuracy and reliability. You really can not go wrong with either choice.

VIP Member
    Having owned both of them, the M&P is the way to go. The XD9s has a real blocky feel and a super high bore axis. The XD is still a good choice and very reliable though!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Both are great options, so I don't think you can make a "wrong" decision with either. I will say that after carrying an XDsc for some time now I can tell you that it would be outside the realm of all normal circumstances to get that gun to go bang unless you were trying to. I can't say how well it would work in a smartcarry since I don't carry mine that way, but you need not fear any accidental discharges.

I have two XD pistols. A four inch barrel 9mm and an XD9sc. Over a span of several years I have found that I prefer the XD9sc and amazingly shoot it faster and as accurately as the larger XD. I carried the XD9sc for several years! It is a very reliable pistol. I have no experience with the M&Pc, but read good reviews about the pistol on various forums.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I own both guns. I shoot them equally well. The M&P is slightly shorter, the XD isn't quite as long. The XD holds one more round, but has a .5" shorter barrel.

Beyond those fairly minor differences, the only thing that really matters is subjectively which feels better.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I bothg the SA XD40 SC, and have never regretted it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

ntg
    I have the XD, and have shot the M&P once. They're both great options IMO. Choose the one that feels right/fits you best.

The XD wins if you get excited about the number of rounds you can carry in the gun. Between the two the XD holds one more. Not significant IMO.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

GM
    I am not a big M&Pc fan, but between those two the M&Pc gets my vote.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I had a XD 40sc, and a XDM. I now own 3 M&P's..........just saying.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I have zero experience with the XD but I have had great luck with my M&P 9.

It's very accurate, came with good nightsights from the factory and has been extremely reliable.

I had several FTFs in the first 200 rds but since then I've put about 1800 rds. of various fmj and jhp ammo through it with zero problems.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I'll add to this that constantly carrying my XD9sc is actually fairly comfortable - at least with a Comp-tac Minotaur. My wallet bugs me more than my gun.

No knowledge of the M&P, but from what I'm reading it doesn't seem to be a significant difference..

Another thing to add is don't get caught up in worrying about the high bore axis. I have both an XD45c and a Glock 36. The bore axis of the XD is indeed higher than that of the Glock, but it is only on the order of .10 of an inch or so. Not much and certainly not enough to make a difference in shootability, to me anyway.

S&W M&P Compact.
    Aim for the Thoracic Triangle Area between the armpits and the base of throat.

1. Shot Placement: Center Mass Between the Armpits & Base of Throat
    2. Heavy for Caliber Bullet Weight / Construction
    3. Choice of Caliber

VIP Member
    The M&P and the XD are very similar in size, quality and performance. They will both do everything you want them to do and with proper care they will both last a lifetime. The M&P is made in America and the XD is made in Croatia. Need I say more?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links