New XDM Compact

This is a discussion on New XDM Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I owned a XD sc .40 for over a year and it is really enjoyable to shoot. I was fixing to trade it in for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New XDM Compact

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I owned a XD sc .40 for over a year and it is really enjoyable to shoot. I was fixing to trade it in for an XDm 9mm, and I am really happy I waited. This XDm C is the best of both worlds.

Regarding the Glock vs XDm talk. I have shot Glocks from friends. The Glock just does not feel the same. I have read numerous comments in this forum and others from Glock owners mentioning improved accuracy when shooting XDs. It is more than just ergonomics. The XDs are just perfectly balanced, even the largest XD pistol feels awesome.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    For my wife it was all about the ergonomics.
    She may not like the XDm series pistols then. They have a far more aggressive texture on the grip than the standard XD series. It is like night and day to feel. At least that is my opinion after comparing the two. I certainly don't care for the XDm's grip design.

If you do want to get a XDm, I would recommend either having a good gunsmith modify the grip, or simply slip a $10 Limbsaver Pro Handgun Grip Sleeve over it as a quick and easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how it would be any easier to CC? I know the shorter slide will cut weight. But the grip length is always to hardest thing for me to conceal. It does look good though.
    You must not have looked at the link and read the info carefully. This is not the older XDm 3.8, which has the same length of grip and magazine capacity as the full size XDm. This is the brand new XDm 3.8 Compact, which is currently only available in 9mm. It has a much shorter grip. The capacity of its standard magazine is only 13 rounds, compared to the 19 round capacity of the full size XDm, and the XDm 3.8

This photo below shows how the new XDm 3.8 compact compares in size to a full size XDm:

This photo below shows how the new XDm 3.8 compact compares in size to a full size XDm:
    Not to nit pick, but that's not the 3.8 compact, that is a 3.8 "minus" by canyon creek customs and it has a longer grip then the 3.8 compact.... just sayin..
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAngel View Post
    Not to nit pick, but that's not the 3.8 compact, that is a 3.8 "minus" by canyon creek customs and it has a longer grip then the 3.8 compact.... just sayin..
    You know what, upon closer inspection of that photo, I do believe that you are correct. It is too long to be a 3.8 Compact, so it must be a customized gun.

I did not even realize that there were gunsmiths doing such grip reductions on the XDm. Just goes to show that there is a demand for a gun with a shorter grip.

Good catch on your part.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links