New XDM Compact

New XDM Compact

This is a discussion on New XDM Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been thinking of getting me one of the new XDM 3.8's. I might have to get this one now !!! God Bless http://www.the-m-factor.com/CompactInfo.pdf...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New XDM Compact

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar

Thumbs up New XDM Compact

I have been thinking of getting me one of the new XDM 3.8's. I might have to get this one now !!! God Bless

http://www.the-m-factor.com/CompactInfo.pdf

Yep, there has been a post on the new XDm on both the THR and the TFL forums since Monday. Looks like a nice semi-auto for conceal carry. I already have a XD9sc, but I might just have to get this one as well. The magic question that no one has figured out yet (haven't seen it posted anywhere yet), is when SA is going to release them out to the distributors/dealers. I wonder if they are going to wait to formally show them off at the JAN 2011 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, before releasing them to the public.

All I want to know is when I can get it. I must have this gun. We were meant to be together

That is very interesting. Looks good. I was wondering why SA didn't make a compact (subcompact) version of the XDM when they came out.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Looks like a great gun.
    But I'm going to give it a year or two just to be sure they've got all the wrinkles worked out.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I saw today on facebook that Kyle with kylesgunshop.com is going to have a few of these in stock next week. His prices are usually some of the best so keep an eye out.

If your heart is sold on one, I'd say quit thinking and start buying.
    Looks pretty good to me, but I just hate buying something that has not been time tested.OMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    That is very interesting. Looks good. I was wondering why SA didn't make a compact (subcompact) version of the XDM when they came out.
    Gives them a chance for another round of publicity.

Love it !!!, did not know they were preparing to release the XDm 3.8 in a compact/subcompact package. I have been wanting to get the 3.8 XDm, I am now glad I held off because this is the one I want.......more versatility.. I already have the full size XDm and it is incredible...
    If anyone see's it out on the market for sale, please post....!!!!!

I am not an XD hater- i have owned a first generation xd in the past, and was satisfied with it. My question is, why purchase this gun over a glock? The ergonomics may be different, different is not always better. This gun will likely cost at least $100 more as well. Will this gun be any thinner than the Glock to warrant the price different? Is there a capacity difference that makes it worth the money?

I have been looking at the XD40 SC's, but the thickness is a turn off.

Just wondering.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    I am not an XD hater- i have owned a first generation xd in the past, and was satisfied with it. My question is, why purchase this gun over a glock? The ergonomics may be different, different is not always better. This gun will likely cost at least $100 more as well. Will this gun be any thinner than the Glock to warrant the price different? Is there a capacity difference that makes it worth the money?

Just wondering.

For me it would be ergonomics. I like Glocks, but I just do not like the way they feel in my hand. The XDM's feel much better. I hope this helps answer your question. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless

kpw
    They did it again. Took the 3.8 and gave it a sub grip instead of chopping the grip to G19 length and going with a 15ish round mag. It's probably going to sell ok but I think they came up short of a homer again.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post

Just wondering.
    Perhaps because he wants to get the XD and not a Glock . That you like something does not imply that everybody have to like it too.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Perhaps because he wants to get the XD and not a Glock . That you like something does not imply that everybody have to like it too.
    Sorry if my post came across as this GM--I have been, and am still very curious about carrying an XD. I was asking how others that are considering the XD are justifying the added cost. I am not sure that it is any more carry friendly than the G26 or G19 in terms of its thickness or grip length. I have large hands, and often have trouble with the sub-compact guns--so I am always skeptical of their ergonomics--and the thickness of the gun is also a priority of mine.

How do these measurements compare? I haven't found a thickness of the XD on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I have been thinking of getting me one of the new XDM 3.8's. I might have to get this one now !!! God Bless

http://www.the-m-factor.com/CompactInfo.pdf
    Sweet! I think you should get it ASAP if it's something you can work with. Sure looks pretty from the pics. I tend to think of all pistols as a work of art in the physical sense.
    Good of you to post a link.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links