FNP-45 vs Glock 21SF

FNP-45 vs Glock 21SF

This is a discussion on FNP-45 vs Glock 21SF within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which one and why?...

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • FNP-45

16 44.44%
  • Glock 21SF

20 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FNP-45 vs Glock 21SF

Which one and why?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I can only speak for the 21sf but i love mine right out of the box accuracy and hasnt skipped a beat yet
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Glock 21 because its a phenominal platform. Relaibility, herritage, and a plethera of holsters or anything you could think of. Not that the FNH is something to shake a stick at. Great gun but my opinion is that the grip is boxy and larger than needs. But thats my opinion.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have the G30, and the G21 is the bigger brother. The G30 has proven flawless so far, and I would only expect the same from the G21. If looking for a full size .45, that would be my choice. I have no experience with HKs, but I don't see where the extra $ would serve any advantage over the G21.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

THis is FNH not HK Old Vet...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I have the FNP9. I chose it over a Glock because it fits my hand better; I do not like the grip angle on Glocks. The FNP has been a flawless performer for me.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Glock 21. Not that the FNH is bad. I just don't have any experience with it and my cousin's G21 that I fired felt so to shoot.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I had the FNP 40. It was reliable, accurate and the grip was better for me than the glocks grip. They are both good weapons and either will give you very good service.
    Keech
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

My 30 is an awesome shooter. I sometimes wish that my duty weapon was a 21. I have no need for the SF. I have long monkey fingers and the standard Glock 21,30 grips work well for me.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I don't have any experience with the G21, but since there are plenty of G21 owners out there you can get their opinion.
    FN is actually the largest small arms supplier to the US military, so they know how to make guns :-)
    However, I have the FNP-45 and I think it's a great gun. I don't know of any other .45ACP with a 15+1 capacity, if that matters to you. I like the controls on mine, and I guess I am old school that I like manual safety and decockers (kinda like the Beretta 92). It's pretty soft shooting as well for a .45 I have to say. If you are left handed, it's nice that all controls are ambidextrous. The safety/decocker is easy to operate, but the slide release is a little too small I think. The sights are also very nice, but they sit up a little high, but I didn't notice that until got my Glock 34. The grip is pretty wide, but it comes with two backstraps so you can choose what's best for you. I like that they have a matte stainless steel version. The only problems I had with it was when I loaded it with SWC, but a lot of guns don't like that. I bought a nice package that came with a holster, mag pouch, and 3 mags (1 15 round and 2 14 round mags) for $699, which I think was a good deal.
    I think they are both great guns, that operates very differently and you have to try (or at least hold) both of them and see how you like them. The Glock is striker fired, while the FNP is DA/SA.
    The Glock has a huge advantage is after market parts and accessories though.... Not much for the FNP at this time. I called them a while ago and asked if I could buy the new threaded barrel that are now available on some guns (it wasn't available when I bought mine), but they said I couldn't buy just the barrel... I didn't care much for that statement and will think twice about getting another FN even though I think they make great guns.
    Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide on and why.

I love the Glock 19, but when it comes to the 45, I would go with the FNH45...........

I have an fn 45tactical and it shoots like a dream. I can not add much to the comments above by mandalitten other than it is a tack driver, shoots really nice and is built like a tank. I have a buddy that has owned them forever and swears he can outshoot anyone with his FN. Can't disagree as he does shoot very well. Good luck with the choice.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

dee
    I have the Glock 21sf rtf2 and its my favorite .45. Never owned a FN but i know some whom have the FN .45 and really like it. Its just what you like and feels for you. I have a Blue Label LEO Glock. I personally would like a FN .45 oneday. By Both then you'll have two great .45's. Have a good time deciding either will be great.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I recently faced the same dilemma. The only difference was I was comparing the G-30SF and the FN .45. I was impressed with the FN's 15+1 capacity compared to the G-30SF's 10+1. I ended up buying the G-30SF mainly because of the difference in size. I want to be able to CC it and the FN is huge by comparison and heavier too.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    THis is FNH not HK Old Vet...
    Oops! Mental blink! Dang foreigners, never can keep them straight.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links