Car Gun what are your ideas?

This is a discussion on Car Gun what are your ideas? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would choose a Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum with a 2.25" barrel and CT laser grip. You will probably keep that gun loaded inside ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Gun what are your ideas?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would choose a Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum with a 2.25" barrel and CT laser grip. You will probably keep that gun loaded inside your car safe for extended amounts of time and without proper cleaning, so I would choose a gun that is super reliable and will go BANG anytime that is needed. I would also throw in there 4 loaded HKS speed loaders and a box of .357 Magnum ammo just in case SHTF. If the Ruger SP-101 is too expensive or good to afford being stolen in case of burglarly, then just buy any used and cheap J Frame revolver in .357 Magnum.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

2. Remove Ads

Thats easy...Ruger sp101,,nuff said
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

GM
    I do have a hidden steel safe in my car, but I do not leave a gun in my vehicle unless it is absolutely necessary.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I would choose a Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum with a 2.25" barrel and CT laser grip. You will probably keep that gun loaded inside your car safe for extended amounts of time and without proper cleaning, so I would choose a gun that is super reliable and will go BANG anytime that is needed. I would also throw in there 4 loaded HKS speed loaders and a box of .357 Magnum ammo just in case SHTF. If the Ruger SP-101 is too expensive or good to afford being stolen in case of burglarly, then just buy any used and cheap J Frame revolver in .357 Magnum.

Best advice yet!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Kinda what I was thinnking^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    I use a combo lock safe from center-of-mass. It is cabled around my seat rest and hides under the front seat. I only use it when I am temporarily out of the vehicle and cannot carry it on my hip.
    I use their key-lock safe, but same thinking in my situation. It's just for short-term storage when you can't carry. For a dedicated car gun? Maybe a Hi Point. You don't care if it's stolen (in fact, you're probably hoping it will be!).
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I also have a "Gunvault Nanovault 200" with 3 digit numeric key pad and a 1,500 pound test security cable in my SUV that I have attached to my front seat frame. I only use it when I have to go in a bank, government office or anywhere else where I simply can't carry. I would never leave a gun in my car unattended for long periods of time unless the security box was bolted to the vehicle's floor. Nonetheless, your car can still be stolen and you will lose your gun but that is highly unlikely if you take the basic precautions to protect your car from theft (car alarm, tinted windows, don't leave valuables visible and park in safe and well light areas). If you can afford to have a good gun to just have in your car permanently I think that is great and more power to you.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Get a safe for temporary storage but it is irresponsible to leave a pistol in a vehicle on a permanent basis.

I cant tell you what to do,but this has never failed me: Smith .500 4" in locking glove box.I had to do some serious work to make sure it was truly secure,so i made my own glove box.Out of steel.

Any Glock compact or sub-compact in a lock box under your seat chained to the frame should do the trick. Glocks are notorious for being able to take long bouts of abuse and still kick butt. And I don't know what kind of car you drive, but I know in order for someone to steal my WHOLE car, they have to have the special chiped key or a tow truck!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Yea, these days, people steal cars by backing in a flatbed tow truck and just hauling it away. No one says or notices anything because it's not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegit tow, especially in many dense cities. A few hours later, your car is already in pieces on the black market - you'll never get it back.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    A 3 or 4 inch heavy BBL Smith 64 or 65 (38 and 357 mag respectivly) would make a great truck/car gun Both are stainless steel. ........ Plenty of these guns out there, and cheapo bucks too
    I fully agree. A used S&W 65 in good condition would make an excellent car gun.

If I have to leave my gun in a car, like at work, I just toss it in the glove box, and lock the doors.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

When I carry concealed it is normally a J frame snubbie, open a Colt Commander, but in my vehicle I have a Glock with 3 mags in a fanny pack.

Here's a great gun, a Sig P225, for around $300.00.

Excellent choice for a car gun. Having a gun stolen from your car though is a very serious matter, regardless of the price, however, you won't be losing a $1,000 gun.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/1903

BTW, that Glock 19 of yours would make a great car gun too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links