The FNX-9: a review and range report with pics - new pics added

This is a discussion on The FNX-9: a review and range report with pics - new pics added within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excellent review and range report Tangle! Thank you. Please keep us updated as you put more rounds through your FNX-9....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The FNX-9: a review and range report with pics - new pics added

Excellent review and range report Tangle! Thank you.

Please keep us updated as you put more rounds through your FNX-9.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

2. Remove Ads

Let me know if you have any more thoughts about the FNX after shooting it more. The CZ-75 will cost about the same as the FNX after I buy magazines. The FNX looks a little better aesthetically, but doesn't have the track record that the CZ has. Decisions, decisions...

I traded in a CZ P-07 on an FNX-9 and I'm glad I did it. The FNX is a very nice 9 mm. in my opinion. The reason I got rid of the CZ was that I didn't like the thumb safety. Very mushy with no 'click' to let you know when the safety was engaged/disengaged. I wanted something that felt similar to my 1911s. The FNX fit the bill. I also like the fact that you have both a thumb safety and a decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    I traded in a CZ P-07 on an FNX-9 and I'm glad I did it. The FNX is a very nice 9 mm. in my opinion. The reason I got rid of the CZ was that I didn't like the thumb safety. Very mushy with no 'click' to let you know when the safety was engaged/disengaged. I wanted something that felt similar to my 1911s. The FNX fit the bill. I also like the fact that you have both a thumb safety and a decocker.
    Any problems with the magazines falling out or not locking in place on your model? What about the backstraps? I love the feel of this gun. The price isn't bad either...

I sold my FNP 40 and purchased the CZ PCR. Don't regret it a bit. The CZ and the FNPs are very good weapons.
    The CZ is more concealable for me and slightly more accurate. Both are very reliable.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Any problems with the magazines falling out or not locking in place on your model? What about the backstraps? I love the feel of this gun. The price isn't bad either...
    I've heard about problems with mags falling out or not seating easily and loose backstraps. I haven't had either problem. The backstrap (I use the large rough one) fits as tight as can be and still be removable. The mags snap solidly into place and stay there until released. I really like the gun.

Great review. I have the FNP-45, which I think is more like the FNX series in 9mm and .40 that to the FNP in 9mm and .40S&W. I think it's a great gun, but it's been a while since I have shot it since I shoot my G34 most since that's what I use in IPSC. You make me want to go shoot my FNP-45 now!

FNP-9

Found a new FNP-9 at the local gun shop, decent price, looked good felt good. Took it to the range and it shoots good no problem with whatever I put in it. Was impressed with it. Now they have a 40 and 45, what to do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links