Problem G33 Glock .357 Sig. - Page 2

Problem G33 Glock .357 Sig.

This is a discussion on Problem G33 Glock .357 Sig. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Over 1 month, still not fully resolved, but at least operational. After 2nd return from glock (they did not fix it the 1st time), pistol ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem G33 Glock .357 Sig.

Over 1 month, still not fully resolved, but at least operational.

After 2nd return from glock (they did not fix it the 1st time), pistol appears to be shooting right. FYI the 1st time they blamed it on shooter error, and that was troubling, since something like 10 shooters had the same problem. Took 2 times, and I don't like that, finally flawless in operation, the only shipping paid by my brother pay was the first.

Addition problem, the returned firearm has mags that are marked 40 S&W. Sure they work, but not what I would call above & beyond IMHO. Will continue to update, see if Glock resolves the mag issue.

Still a fan of Glock, but I can't say impressed by customer service.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Glock stated they would send .357 sig mags, my bro keeps the .40 mags....now awaiting mags + to see if they work.
    NRA Member

are you putting too much pressur on the larger mag with your pinky finger that could cause it

no...they are all smaller mags....the ones that come with the firearm...it is a problem you wwill find from time to time with glocks (see op, issue I am talking about). Since this happened to my brother, he has pointed out that a few others have talked about this, but no one has understood fully why.
    NRA Member

glock 33 357 sig failure to feed issues

i have the same problem with my glock 33. i bought this gun mainly for ccw last april 2010. i have 6 of the 9 round magazines with # 2 followers in all of them and 2 of them would have occassional failure to feed issues, exactly the same as shown in the photo. I have fired more than a thousand rounds all factory ammo like federal, prvi partizan,american eagle. the last time i practice at the range, last january 31,2011, i fired 100 rounds of speer gold dot hollow points LE rounds # 54234 and i would have 1 to 2 rounds failure to feed issues per cycle of the 2 magazine all with # 2 followers. this is usually due to a weak magazine spring . i replaced the springs of the 2 magazines with failure to feed issues and it works fine now. I just tested it yesterday, february 2,2011 and no failure to feed issues with 100 rounds of speer gold dot hollow points. i noticed that with the glock 33, the magazine spring is the weak part. you might have to change it more often than with any other glock pistol. i have a glock 19 which is 2 years old and fired about 4 thousand rounds and never had a single failure to feed issues . my glock 37 which is 4 years old and fired about 2 thousand rounds without a single position 1,2 or 3 malfunctions. i have not changed any magazine spring with my glock 19 and 37.

so, after a few more times to the range, my brother reports no problems, usin either the .40 S&W mags or the .357 Sig mags Glock sent him. So for his trouble (plus the cost of insured shipping the first time), my brother has a so far reliable firearm with more mags then he did at the start.

As much as I like Glocks, I have to admit it causes some concern. Only a good year at the range with my own G33 and his may resolve this doubt.
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Over 1 month, still not fully resolved, but at least operational.

After 2nd return from glock (they did not fix it the 1st time), pistol appears to be shooting right. FYI the 1st time they blamed it on shooter error, and that was troubling, since something like 10 shooters had the same problem. Took 2 times, and I don't like that, finally flawless in operation, the only shipping paid by my brother pay was the first.

Addition problem, the returned firearm has mags that are marked 40 S&W. Sure they work, but not what I would call above & beyond IMHO. Will continue to update, see if Glock resolves the mag issue.

Still a fan of Glock, but I can't say impressed by customer service.
    Sorry to hear about your CS issues with Glock. That stuff is never fun when you are all ready pissed about dealing with a malfunctioning firearm. I guess I have been spoiled with S&W lately. I lost a front sight to a Walther P22 and asked if I can buy one from them. They took down my address and sent me six of them for free!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Simple truth, there are always lemons. I think the only firearm manf. I respect is ruger when it comes to standing behind their product. While often sighted as having so many recalls by some, I believe they are honest and proactive, while many of the rest are bean counting the costs of # malfunctioning vs recall. PS, I don't own any ruger's for cc, but just my $.02 on Glock vs S&W vs Sig, etc. The only one that stands above the rest for me is ruger when it comes to standing behind product. As far as quality of firearm, Glock is good quality for the $. You will find other firearms that have a +/- comparison in the same price range, but it just seams that glock is the product and price they are all grouped around. The same appears to be when it comes to overall quality, customer service, and number of problems vs number that are produced. It all tends to be about the same with that group of firearms to compare to a Glock, with ruger being the one that tends to have the odd story out where it has good above and beyond to correct a problem more often then not. The rest just tend to stand behind the product (a good thing to do with a firearm...:)....), but really just fix the problem.
    NRA Member

after 500+ rounds with out a problem, my brother traded in his subcompact g33 .357 sig that had been worked on by glock....

he provided many reasons...but imho, i think he lost confidence in the firearm....still has his compact g32 .357 sig...and when he traded his g33 in, it was trade + 125 for a new grip g22....
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links