What would you pick if you didn't know makes of weapons? - Page 2

What would you pick if you didn't know makes of weapons?

This is a discussion on What would you pick if you didn't know makes of weapons? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by vietnamvet66 I feel much the same as you Dragman. I worked in a gun store for about a year and a half, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you pick if you didn't know makes of weapons?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vietnamvet66 View Post
    I feel much the same as you Dragman. I worked in a gun store for about a year and a half, and you are spot on on the Colt smooootheness. Nothing finer than the feel of a Python.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Dan Wesson.^^^^^^

But you usually have a better chance of finding a Colt, tho you'll pay more.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    [/B]

^^^^^^^^^^^^Dan Wesson.^^^^^^

But you usually have a better chance of finding a Colt, tho you'll pay more.
    What dan wesson??? they are a dime a dozen around my way. I have had 6-7 run through my shop this year good solid guns but nothing close to a colt IMO. Now there 1911's are a whole new story.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Senior Moderator
    Probably at first involvement, the firearm's look would be appealing...the next decision maker would probably be the feel in one's hand, but all that can be changed by 'shooting'.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Old 0311 keep us updated, it will be interesting to keep up with this as she advances, and develops more of a feel for different variations in actions and ergos.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    No, you see this with wine, too. Bunch of wine snobs, sitting around a table, they'll harp over everything and obsess on the high-end stuff. Bring in a newbie, let 'em do some blind tasting, they'll pick what they like best.

With the revolvers in this case, all that would matter is hand feel - shape of grip, shape and location of trigger, etc. If she likes the Charter best, get her the Charter.

Exactly. I would have thought she would pick the Ultralight or Airweight, because they are lighter/easier to handle, or the Ruger with the least recoil.

I wonder how many of us subconsciously eliminate brands because of their make, or country of origin. I admit to a degree I am guilty of that.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Old 0311 keep us updated, it will be interesting to keep up with this as she advances, and develops more of a feel for different variations in actions and ergos.

What's cool is that she is a very scientific person. She is working on her Masters in Geology so her decisions are based on HER perception of what works best for her not what is the latest fad, or what us gun people would advise to be the best.

I have another friend who is also kind of a new shooter. I think I will do the same test to see what her first choice would be.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I am a Ruger man, through and through, I love my Security Six and will be looking for an SP101 as soon as the money comes together
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Im still fuzzy on this,but if going strictly by feel,with no knowledge of a companys reputation for reliability,i would probably pick a 1911.I can shoot you with my eyes closed,thats the comfort level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links