Rossi Ranch Hand....do not buy it >>>>>

This is a discussion on Rossi Ranch Hand....do not buy it >>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great article. Thanks for posting it. I watched all of the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" episodes on DVD during a long, cold winter last year. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Rossi Ranch Hand....do not buy it >>>>>

Great article. Thanks for posting it. I watched all of the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" episodes on DVD during a long, cold winter last year. McQueen was an amazing athlete. Very cat-like in all of his actions. I vaguely remember the series from when I was a kid. Now, I am a ranch hand -- or more accurately, a rancher -- and I have thought about this Mares Laig in a .357 but thought it was probably more gimmick than practical tool. The enthusiasts here are making me reconsider it as a truck gun.

2. Remove Ads

Smile Close but wrong cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    I don't quite get the "pistol" reference...some technicality that I'm not aware of no doubt, but, while I enjoyed "The Rifleman" as a kid, I don't see a use for this particular firearm in my stable.

Good luck with your quest, though, oddly enough not everyone likes the things I think are cool, either.
    You're a little off on you quote. It wasn't Chuck Conners "The Rifleman" that carried a weapon like that, it was Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive" and the characters name was Josh Randall.

VIP Member
    The rifleman carried a full sized 44 caliber lever action ...Myself I like a full size leveraction in 357 for my truck gun if I was going leveraction. I have one in 30-30 that I've killed deer with.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Smile Old Timers

2 guns are better than 1. [/I]
    Us old timers remember the old Wanted Dead or Alive series with Steve McQueen. I just curious, how come they didn't design the holster the same way? I also used own the same thing in a toy. [I] disremember who made it but I was nice. I now own the Rossi Ranch Hand and looking for a holster. Don't like the ones up for sale. Would like one similar to what Steve McQueen carried in the show.: smile:

Josh Randall was a Bounty Hunter. Part of each opening of the show, would show him going to a board with Wanted Dodgers & pull 1 down.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    BTW, Henry makes their version of the Ranchhand called a mares leg. I have not handled the Rossi but the Henry is very sweet! It's available in .22, .357, & .45LC. They are very slick, but I'm not sure of what its purpose would be for me. Good luck on your search!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No worries. I won't buy one.
    I am with sixto!!!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No worries. I won't buy one.
    A poor solution to a non-existent problem thought up by reality-challenged Hollywood minds.
    Last edited by Chorizo; April 21st, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

I have already responded to this thread, but I took my "Ranch Hand" to a local gunsmith and had it customized to look exactly like McQueens's Mare's Leg from Wanted - Dead or Alive. OK, not exactly - the butt is still an inch too long and the loop lever is not perfect, but everything else is vintage Wanted - Dead or Alive. Three years now I have had this gun and it is so much fun to shoot. It is a winner! (I wish I was right handed so that I could get the exact holster rig from the TV show)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links