New 1911 - Not As Expected

This is a discussion on New 1911 - Not As Expected within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wish the 1911 haters backed there statements with a gun make, model, cleaning method and time of ownership. The 1911 is not for the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New 1911 - Not As Expected

I wish the 1911 haters backed there statements with a gun make, model, cleaning method and time of ownership. The 1911 is not for the operator who views the pistol as a kitchen appliance. You do have to have a little smith skill for possible problems and up keep. Even with the cheaper(600-1000$) semi customs it seems kind of hard to screw up a 100 year old recipe nowadays. If they are fed the recommended ammo they usually work and if not can be made to work by a competent smith for little money. It shouldn't be your first or only pistol if you don't like to work on them.

2. Remove Ads

A NON jamming 1911??? Good Lord man, never sell it, I mean not for $100,000! You have the only one!!! I don't know what kind of alien moon rock alloy that thing is made from, but I wouldn't count on replacing it with anything from earth!!!

And now seriously--the Springfields have been as reliable for me as any Wilson or Nighthawk. They can make a good, reliable gun, and they are the only 1911 I'd consider carrying. MILES above Kimber, light years from RIA, I catually like 'em.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Lead Moderator
    I had 2 issues with my SA Champ. LW. Feed issues with HP's and a slide stop that was not locking the mag. Springfield made it right for me though. Funny the Chip McCormick mags I got didn't work as well as factory mags.
    Finally I have found the small clip for dis assembly isn't needed. Just take it down without installing the clip.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have never had any of these kind of problems with my .357 revolvers.. LOL !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links