Glock 33 or Glock 36?!

This is a discussion on Glock 33 or Glock 36?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im at a final crossroad with my new gun selection. I know it will be a Glock. The question in my head is: 9 rounds ...

View Poll Results: G33 or G36?!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 33(.357SIG)

23 38.33%
  • Glock 36(.45ACP)

37 61.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 33 or Glock 36?!

Glock 33 or Glock 36?!

Im at a final crossroad with my new gun selection. I know it will be a Glock. The question in my head is:

9 rounds of .357 SIG
    OR
    6 rounds of .45 ACP

Which one would you choose and why.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

I have a G36. It has ran flawlessly. It is very accurate. But, it is just as hard for me to conceal as a full size Glock and only holds six rounds. Of the two choices you provided I would pick the G33. If allowed to go outside of your paramiters I would pick the G27 due to a better selection of ammo.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I absolutely love my Glock30sf with 10 rounds of 45acp
    G30SF XD45Tactical

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    While I am a big believer in .45 (have several ) I did buy a G33.

It's the best combo of Power , Compactness , and Lightweight I could find in an semiautopistol.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

The 36 is the ONLY Glock id own.

Both are formidable choices. In the 33 you have the option of .40 cal barrels and 9mm conversions, for a potential three caliber gun. You also can use the larger capacity mags of the 31 and 32. In the 36 you can only use singles stack .45 mags. The .45 is a great round, but the options of the 33 would lead towards it. In the .45 arena I would go for the 30 and be able to use g21 mags. JMO.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can only pass on my son's experience with the .357 SIG caliber. He has the G27 with the .357 conversion barrel. He has an extensive assortment of handgun makes, models, and calibers, and fires them often. He says the .357 is a handfull in the sub-compact-sized G26 frame and not what he'd prefer to use as a SD EDC firearm.

I've fired that caliber in larger Sig models and find the recoil not as sharp and loud as many make it out to be, more so yes in comparison to the 9mm and .40, mainly just different. Practice would overcome any handling issues. However, I have not fired it in the sub-compact size and can see where some may find it objectionable.

You should have an idea at this point whether either would be a problem in concealing, both are effective SD rounds, and how much capacity you feel comfortable carrying.

I feel the .357 SIG is an excellent SD round in the right frame, just as is the .357 Magnum. I'd highly suggest firing the G33 before deciding on it. If it's okay with you, then go for it. But I'd carry a G36 in a heartbeat.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

G33: Perfection at 1450fps.
    And it's ten rounds with one in the tube.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Concealed carry, light, compact is the way. Mine is is the G-26. Two rounds of 9mm beats a rock everytime :). Fits in a pocket holster. And backup reload is full sized mags with grip spacers.

Concealed is small, small is better, light and ready when trouble arrives. Every inch-oz counts, if you are actually going to carry it frequently. I don't worry caliber, just accuracy and speed. Glocks are sure to go bang when needed.

Go with the 36 if you plan to shoot it a lot due to cost of 45 ACP being half of that for .357 sig. Even if you were going to buy a .40 conversion barrel for the 33 the ammo still wouldn't be as cheap as the 45.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Sounds like a great primary/backup pair to me!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'd never base weapon choice on the price of ammo. Yeah, .357 ammo is a bit more than .45, which is a bit more than 9mm, which is a bit more than .22. But don't make it sound as if .357 SIG ammo is $40 a box. I find it regularly for $2-3 more than .45, which is $2-3 more than 9mm. Now if you've got a rare, special caliber that cost $50/box if you can find it, that might be a problem.

If one wants to drive a Cadillac, one has to pay the price of a Cadillac. If one wants to shoot the .357 Sig, one has to pay the price of the ammo.

The only ammo issue I might have with the .357 is the limited availability of ammo types, as to bullet weights and style.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I would like a 29 over either of them! But stricktly between the others I would give the 33 a slight edge over the 36 cuz I just don't like the 36's capacity.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I'd pick the G36 because it fits my hands best and it would mean not having to stock up on a whole new caliber.

I'm with rammer jammer on this one. My g36 just plain fits my hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links