Glock .22LR Conversion

Glock .22LR Conversion

This is a discussion on Glock .22LR Conversion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I did not realize until today that .22 conversions were availiable for the Glock. I hate loading up multiple mags of .40 ammo for ...

Thread: Glock .22LR Conversion

Glock .22LR Conversion

Well I did not realize until today that .22 conversions were availiable for the Glock. I hate loading up multiple mags of .40 ammo for practice at around $20 bucks per box. Therefore I dont practice as much as I should. The .22 sounds like the answer for my G23. Any of yall have this conversion for your Glock? There are several mfgs. Is one better than another? Any functioning concerns to be aware of? Thanks.
    http://www.22lrconversions.com/glk-pg.htm
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

From researching this myself, I found the "best" kit is the one by Advantage Arms. I went out and got it for our Glock 26. They tell you on a piece of paper inside the kit, that it is picky with ammo. The best ammo to use is the Remington Golden Bullet 40 grain solid nose HV ammo. That is 100 percent correct. I tried a few others, and was lucky to get sometimes 2 shots off without a failure to eject. However, I've gone through a couple hundred rounds of the Remington Golden Bullets with maybe only 1 or 2 at most failures, all in one range session.

Besides that, the kit is well put together. Comes with a bore brush, patches, cleaning oil, etc. It is lighter than the original slide. Clean it before you shoot it the first time and keep it well lubed. It may take 100 or 200 rounds to get it broken in where it functions best, but they do run good on the right ammo. Some people say they have good luck with the CCI HV stingers too.

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I also have the AA kit for my G19. It can indeed be finnicky with some ammo. I find it works best if you only load 5 rounds in the mag instead of 10. I like that it locks the slide open when empty, just like the "real" Glock. That's why I got the AA kit and not the Ceiner.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have the AA kit for my G30 and have used CCI Mini-mags exclusively. I experience 1-2 feed/eject problem per 100 rounds which I find acceptable considering I'm firing a Heinz 57 pistol for practice. This usually occurs later in the session when the innerds are getting pretty dirty. Taking a few minutes to clean it up @ fifty rounds would probably reduce the jam rate. They are ammo-sensitive, 40 grn bullets are the recommended wt.

The kits are high in demand and hard to find for any particular model. The mags are even harder to find, so don't expect the "hate loading up multiple mags" issue to go away. AA can't make higher capacity mags (10-rd limit) due to being located in CA, but someone out there could fill a nice niche in the market by manufacturing higher-cap mags.

It's effective, cheap practice. I find the conversion is as accurate as the OEM barrel and slide. I'd recommend the kit for anyone who wants to get trigger time in and can't afford mass quanties of center-fire ammo.

I've read a lot of not-so-happy reviews about the other major conversion kit maker and its CS. My son sold his other brand to get the AA kit. I've never had to deal with AA's CS.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Yet another recommendation for the Advanage Arms kit. I have one for a G21. It chews up and spits out CCI MiniMags like nobodies business. I have NEVER had a failure with this combination. I had more failures with my Ruger Mk III.

Good luck!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I looked at the option of getting one of the 22 kits for my Glock (I do think Advantage is the best), but for the money, just bought a decent 22 instead.

Thats funny that the Advantage Arms kit likes Remington Golden .22s the best. I have several boxes of Goldens and they SUCK in my .22 rifles. The .22 Glock conversion would be a good way to get rid of my Golden .22s.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Ceiner and AA have been the only two that I know of...until Tactical Solutions recently came out with one for the 17/22. You can see to the left the have a poll going to ask which model they should produce next. I really like the idea of making a slide that is closer in weight to the factory Glock slide. I have the AA for my 12 year old daughter's competition gun...a G17. And it is definitely much lighter with the AA slide on. But I still love having it. The Golden Bullets have definitely worked the best for me. I got mine from a dealer on GunBroker. As I understand it, the G19/23 is the hardest to find.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=68
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Thats funny that the Advantage Arms kit likes Remington Golden .22s the best. I have several boxes of Goldens and they SUCK in my .22 rifles. The .22 Glock conversion would be a good way to get rid of my Golden .22s.
    Just as long as they are the 40 grain solid nose High Velocity version. I havn't tried the CCI Mini-mags that everyone else says theirs likes. But it definitely does not like Federal bulk pack 36 grain hollow-points. It also does not like the Federal White Box Solid nose 40 grain Target loads.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Sponsored Links