If you are allowed to own only one hand gun in your entire life what would it be?

This is a discussion on If you are allowed to own only one hand gun in your entire life what would it be? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I don’t know if this has been discussed on some other thread, but here goes my question: If you are told that you can ...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are allowed to own only one hand gun in your entire life what would it be?

If you are allowed to own only one hand gun in your entire life what would it be?

Well I don’t know if this has been discussed on some other thread, but here goes my question:

If you are told that you can have only one handgun for all purposes (hunting, plinking, self-defense, home defense etc.) for your entire life, then what would it be and why? Would it be an auto or revolver and what caliber?

Personally, I am thinking that I would probably keep my Walther P22, since it is light weight and easy to carry around, ammo is cheap and easy to find, it is generally reliable amongst .22 pistols, it looks cool to me, is fairly accurate, and it has many accessories (barrels extensions, laser sights, suppressors, accessory rails, spare magazines).

Am really curious to hear your thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    It would have to be a G19. Large enough for home or duty use, while small enough to CC. The 9mm is very plentiful and is enough for most of the duties I would need it for. If I was dropped off in a remote area and could only have one pistol it would be the 19 without a doubt. One gun now thats another conversation all together.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

A .22 rimfire of revolver version.

If I could only have one it would be a Glock 19. It is small enough to conceal, and large enough to shoot all day. Parts are plentiful, as is 9mm ammo. This is coming from someone who is not a Glock guy. I hate the grip angle, but I would get used to it if I could only have one pistol.

Glock 19 hands down
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Glock 29SF. it is absolutely the finest handgun I have ever owned and i have owned a LOT of handguns. I can go standard cap, hicap, hunt with it, use it for self defense, and it conceals well and I found it cheap to reload.

VIP Member
    Put me in the G19 category - I think I'll have a lot of company.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    A .22 rimfire of revolver version.
    Wow, after reading the other replies this sure stands out......i was also thinking that a revolver might be more reliable than an auto for life time ownership.....and .22 is easy to shoot and plink with...

1911. Gods gun, Gods Cal.

Ruger GP 100, 4 inch barrel, stainless. Not perfect for concealed carry but will work, not the perfect hunting handgun but will work.
    Virtually indestructable if you do your part.

G19 is a good gun but I certainly would not want to hunt with it, well not anything large at least.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Well, of the handguns I currently own it would be the Model 60.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Got mine :)
    .45ACP 1911 Colt Commander XSE

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Ruger GP 100, 4 inch barrel, stainless. Not perfect for concealed carry but will work, not the perfect hunting handgun but will work.
    Virtually indestructable if you do your part.

G19 is a good gun but I certainly would not want to hunt with it, well not anything large at least.
    Ditto. Put me down for one of these, too. Plus it's nice to have one gun that can shoot two calibers without changing anything around.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would get a Walther P99 9mm which is easy to conceal, lightweight, has 15 rounds of ammo, highly reliable and good for all described purposes.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Put me all trying to decide. Between .22 rev. or G19. OK only one the G19 would have to be it..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Links