I bought a sig p250...

This is a discussion on I bought a sig p250... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and I like it! Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now... Seriously, I paid $380 shipped for it from buds, two tone 9mm compact ...

Thread: I bought a sig p250...

I bought a sig p250...

and I like it!

Feel free to throw tomatoes at me now...

Seriously, I paid $380 shipped for it from buds, two tone 9mm compact frame with night sights. Shot 200 rounds through it on sunday with no problems.

I bought it because it was cheap, I love it because the darn thing just shoots great. This could get expensive though, now I'm shopping for a .357 sig sub-compact grip exchange kit.

2. Remove Ads

This could get expensive though,
    not really, sig store is selling xchange kits @249 w/free shipping.
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Senior Moderator
    Hey, it had the same effect on me. I like my P250s! I have a full size .45 and compact 9mm. I did have to return the 9mm to Sig because of the known extractor problem, but Sig is paying for everything and it won't cost me a dime. Plus, they'll update any parts whether they were causing a problem or not.

And, FWIW, according to Massod Ayoob, a large west coast agency has torture tested the P250 and in Mas's words, "...it passed with flying colors". He said they are close to approving the P250 for 'agency' use. He's also had several students bring P250s to his classes and they worked fine. Looks like Sig is getting past the problem stages finally.

It does shoot great, doesn't it! The trigger is light and smooth as butter isn't it!

You can get the kits now from Sig for $249. That's not bad for a whole new size and caliber gun per your choice. Also if you have a 9mm and just want a .40 or .357, and don't want to change sizes, you won't need a new grip so it should be about $200 for the slide assembly, including the barrel and a mag.

I really don't know how they can sell the xchange kit including a barrel, mag, grip assembly, and slide assembly, WITH night sights, for $249. I just don't see how they do it.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Well Congrats on your new gun!!! Glad it's working out for you...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

My cousin's 9mm shot as good as any Sig 9mm I have shot accuracy wise...but the trigger is not for a noob, and took some concentration from me to be good with it. I just do NOT like that trigger. Congrats on yours though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I'd buy one for that price... but here's some advice; If you like it enough, buy some extra parts and the any of the 250 stuff you might want now. Dont expect it to be available much longer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd buy one for that price... but here's some advice; If you like it enough, buy some extra parts and the any of the 250 stuff you might want now. Dont expect it to be available much longer.
    I've been hearing that for a while now, but according to Sig CS, steady sales, Massod saying they are now in use by the FAM on a podcast, and that they passed a large agenecy's torture test, the imminient introduction of a striker fired model, it sounds like they're going to be around a while. Do you have some 'insider' stuff about the P250?

The P250 isn't going anywhere. Matter of fact neither is the Sig Pro

Administrator
    No, no insider stuff. Just an educated guess.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    No, no insider stuff. Just an educated guess.
    I have heard the same thing as SIXTO. Truth be told these firearms are not selling well and in desperation Sig has slashed prices. Since when is Sig the low price leader?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I have heard the same thing as SIXTO. Truth be told these firearms are not selling well and in desperation Sig has slashed prices. Since when is Sig the low price leader?
    C Hawk Glock,
    Please, please show us what supports your claim that P250s aren't selling well. I think that's fair and responsible, don't you? You might tell us how it's selling in comparison to the FNX, PX4, and even the P229R DAKs. I mean if you're gonna make these claims, don't you think it'd be reasonable to show the 'truth' as you claim it?

Now on to price and Sig being the low price leader claim. Right now, and here is the truth in supported form. Bud's lists:

1- P250 with non-night sights with the phosphate slide .................................................. .....................................$361
    2- P250 nitron finish (US redesign/US built)............................................ .................................................. ..........$502
    3- P250 .45s (BTW, we won't find any P250 .45s slashed because there never was a gen 1 to 'slash' prices from) ...........$555
    4- S&W M&Ps.............................................. .................................................. ..............................................$454
    5- Springfield XDs............................................... .................................................. ........................................$470
    6- Glock 17/22................................................ .................................................. ............................................$465

Maybe I'm missing something here, but it looks to me like the US made P250s cost more than the M&Ps, XDs, and G17s. That just doesn't look like a price slash or the low price leader to me. What gave you that idea?

There was a price slash years ago that brought the price from $600 or so to current prices. But the prices have been stable at the above prices for sometime.

In my local gun stores the P250 9/40/357 is going for $520.

Glock prices have dropped in the last few months from $550 to $499 locally.

Apparently everyone but Sig is aware that they are desperately trying to unload their P250s by slashing the prices to $502. And I'll bet they're finishing the design on the .45 SC so they can slash its price too.

BTW, according to Mas, the FAMs are now issuing the P250 to the marshalls.

I don't know that the P250 is gonna have a prominent place in LE, etc., but then we can say the same for a lot of guns. But why does that matter? The 1911 is one of the most popular civilian guns on earth and hardly any LEO carrys one. And I'm not saying the P250 is as popular as a 1911 by any means, but the principle applies.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post

Exactly what i was thinking. Like the .45 GAP XD the bottom dropped out of them on price before they discontinued. I do think Sig's "pride" will get the best of them, and they will keep it going a little longer than they should before they discontinue it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

First, let me just say that I lurk here far more than I ever post.

Second, I just bought a brand new SIG P250 (40 cal) for $321. I just couldn't resist that price, and I cannot wait to get it.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on the 250! No tomatoes here; I own two of them, and I love them both!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

GM
    Glad it works for you. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links