CT Laser Grips for SP101

This is a discussion on CT Laser Grips for SP101 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking to get a set of crimson trace laser grips for my SP101. I've noticed there are two styles. The LG-101 "Defender" line and ...

Thread: CT Laser Grips for SP101

CT Laser Grips for SP101

I'm looking to get a set of crimson trace laser grips for my SP101. I've noticed there are two styles. The LG-101 "Defender" line and the LG-303. From my research I have gathered that the LG-101 model is a 2 finger grip and made of hard plastic as opposed to the soft rubber the LG-303 is made of. The LG-303 also appears to be a 3 finger grip but I could be wrong. Would you suggest one over the other? Have you tried both? Overall opinions?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I don't have the SP101, but the same style grips are available for the S&W J-Frames. I've tried them both and I find the Rubber Overmold version to be much more comfortable to hold and shoot than the Hard Polymer version. It also reduces recoil better.

VIP Member
    The LG-303 is the version that is close to the size of the Hogue Monogrip and is definitely a 3 finger grip. The LG-111 is the hard plastic version that would be the equivalent to the 442/642 boot grips. The LG-303 will give you better grip and some recoil dampening and would be my choice. Check our Shooters Resource for really competitive prices and free shipping...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    The LG-303 is the version that is close to the size of the Hogue Monogrip and is definitely a 3 finger grip. The LG-111 is the hard plastic version that would be the equivalent to the 442/642 boot grips. The LG-303 will give you better grip and some recoil dampening and would be my choice. Check our Shooters Resource for really competitive prices and free shipping...
    Thanks for the tip. I checked them out and their prices are quite good. When I order I will order from them.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I had the smaller plastic ones on mine. I guess it depends if you want greater comfort, or greater concealment.

I buy all my lasers from Shooters Resource.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I had the smaller plastic ones on mine. I guess it depends if you want greater comfort, or greater concealment.

I buy all my lasers from Shooters Resource.
    Ug. I like the greater concealbility of the 111's but would prefer the greater comfort and control of the 303's. I guess I'm going to have to try to get my hands on both locally.

If I remember right you just recently got your SP. If you do the owner notification card online at ruger.com/newowner you will get a code for 20% off from Ruger. Ruger list the CT grips for $255 minus 20% will be about $205.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Links