New CZ owner here and have questions.

This is a discussion on New CZ owner here and have questions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I picked up a CZ 75 compact P-01,and all I can say in a word is wow! This pistol is amazing I can't believe ...

Thread: New CZ owner here and have questions.

New CZ owner here and have questions.

Well I picked up a CZ 75 compact P-01,and all I can say in a word is wow! This pistol is amazing I can't believe the trigger,controls,accuracy and the fit and finish of this weapon.

It is every bit as good as a Sig I've owned costing twice as much. This fits my hand like no other I've ever held/used,save for a Browning hi power. I just love this gun and wish I'd discovered CZ a long time ago. This is one of the most underrated handguns out there IMO.

Now on to a coupe of questions first off is what's a good tactical light for HD? Who makes a good IWB rig for these guns? Also I found some CZ 75 compact mags made by mecgar. Are these good quality mags for self defense use? And do the the CZ 75 compact mags fit my gun being its a CZ 75 compact but a P-01 variant?

Thanks for any help from my fellow CZ owners on these questions.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on your CZ. I would like to pick up that model CZ someday soon.

I can help with 2 of your questions.

I would recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB. I have several Supertucks for my different carry guns. It is the most comfortable holster ever. It does what it does very well. Quality. And the folks at Crossbreed are good people.

I do believe Mecgar makes the stock mags for CZ and several other manufacturers. I bought several Mecgars to go with my CZ 75 compact and they look and feel and work exactly the same as the mags that came with the gun.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club. I just picked up a CZ75B SA last week. Nice, aren't they?

Better answers than I can give can be found at: http://www.czforum.com/

Check it out. Those CZ-boys (& girls) can be as fanatical as 1911 folks. Probably for good reason, as I'm finding out myself.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Thanks guys I'll check out the CZ forums and yes I love this this gun I'm already looking at an SP-01 model,this may get expensive like my 1911's I already want more than one CZ.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Congrats on the new handgun. I have the CZ PCR and it is very accurate and reliable. I found that the trigger will smooth out as you shoot it more and also suggest the CZForums website.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

You might also consider having Eric Zinn (one of the guys who does custom and repair work for CZ-USA) go over the gun... when he was working on my TRP he let me handle a couple of CZ75s he had finished. Trigger in particular is way smoother and crisper than stock. http://ezfirearms.com/

Mec-Gars are the right mags for your gun, and do NOT succumb to the bad paperweights sold by Pro Mag.

Nearly all the custom holster makers can provide you with an IWB rig for a CZ, although CZ listings seem less plentiful among the big manufacturers (Galco, DeSantis, etc.).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

As for an IWB holster i am quickly coming to love mine by H.B.E. Initially it did not look as good as my other custom holsters BUT it carries the handgun, H&K P2000 superbly. Good Luck.

Ex Member
    My P-01 is the most accurate weapon I have ever fired. Mecgar makes the factory mags. Best price is usually at wwwcdnninvestment.com Yes all the 75 mags will fit. I got ahold of a factory 28 rounder. LOTS of fun.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the P-01. Can't help on the light, but for a IWB holster, I like the Tucker Leather "Cover Up". Use one for both my P-01 and P-06. The way the krydex clip attaches, allows you to adjust the cant to suit your needs. The Mec-Gar magazines will work fine for you. I've been using them with my P-01 for several years, without problems. Also the CZ rubber base pads (you can order from CZ) fit the Mec-Gar mags as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

dee
    Congrats on the P-01. The meg's are OEM for CZ. The CZ 75 SA would be nice i know some whom have the SA and really like it. The BHP has a hammer bite the CZ does not. Congrats.
    http://cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/

GM
    Glad that you enjoy it. Congrats.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Glad you like your P-01. I think you'll like it more and more as time goes by.

My first was a 75BD full size. Then I picked up a Rami 2075. Recently I found a 40-P. The 40-P has been my EDC since I bought it which was about three months ago. I've got a number of other carry guns but there just seems to be something special about the 40-P.

A rubber inlaid grip that feels perfect in my hand, a full size gun but not too big, great looks, nice trigger, very accurate and utterly reliable. I like CZ's, especially this one.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Links