Kahr is Now Running Handgun Ads in South Korea and China!! -- PICS

This is a discussion on Kahr is Now Running Handgun Ads in South Korea and China!! -- PICS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr Arms seems to be going after the Asia handgun market now. I happened to come across Kahr pistol ads on web sites in both ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr is Now Running Handgun Ads in South Korea and China!! -- PICS

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

Kahr is Now Running Handgun Ads in South Korea and China!! -- PICS

Kahr Arms seems to be going after the Asia handgun market now. I happened to come across Kahr pistol ads on web sites in both South Korea and China this weekend!! I guess Kahr is trying to go global.

The Kahr "Thin is Sexy" Babe looks a bit different on these websites, though:

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Kahr Arms seems to be going after the Asia handgun market now. I happened to come across Kahr pistol ads on web sites in both South Korea and China this weekend!! I guess Kahr is trying to go global.
    Makes sense, Kook Jin Moon is of Korean descent.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    You've seen all these girls before if you subscribe to Combat Handguns magazine.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Is the China/S. Korea market open to handgun purchase? Or is Kahr appealing to Americans of Asian decent?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    If they substituted her for the mandatory gun lock I might then consider a new Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    You've seen all these girls before if you subscribe to Combat Handguns magazine.
    I was just going to say, I have seen those ads stateside

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Is the China/S. Korea market open to handgun purchase? Or is Kahr appealing to Americans of Asian decent?
    In South Korea civilian position of handguns extends to collection pieces for collection reasons only. I think you need permit for your collection or have to register it with the national police just like all long arms
    PRC civilian weapons are a no go
    Nationalist China (Taiwan) only the aboriginal people can get muzzle loaders.
    The adds are aimed at Asian Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    As I mentioned, these websites were located in South Korea and China:

Lead Moderator
    Well if they are running those ads in China and Korea they're not to swift. The ads are in English, and when I was in Korea, they spoke and read............ (Wait for it).......................... KOREAN!!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The model is the wife of the Kahr CEO, Justin Moon. She's a former Miss Korea or Miss Universe or some such. She's a honey.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Well if they are running those ads in China and Korea they're not to swift. The ads are in English, and when I was in Korea, they spoke and read............ (Wait for it).......................... KOREAN!!!
    I think that you vastly underestimate the ability of people in Asia to read and speak English.

Did you not see the latest ratings of the education being provided in various nations that made such big news a couple of weeks ago? China and South Korea were both rated in the top 5 countries. The USA ranked 42 out of the 65 nations surveyed.

Diane Sawyer of ABC News visited China a couple of weeks ago too. And on ABC's World News, they showed her having conversations with 3rd graders that were very fluent in English.

That looks to me as though it is a Korean News Website......guessing that a few Koreans here in the States my get on those websites to get news......and chances are that it is a State side based website too......hence the reason why Justin would spend the money to advertise on it, why would he waste his money to advertise on a site where the target demographic can't go down to their local gun shop and pick up his product?

And yes, she is smokin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The model is the wife of the Kahr CEO, Justin Moon. She's a former Miss Korea or Miss Universe or some such. She's a honey.

You are right! She is indeed a former Miss South Korea. How did Kook Jin Moon manage to get such a gorgeous beauty queen to marry him? I guess that being the 4th son of the King of Love and the new Messiah must have helped.

I did not realize that besides founding and operating Kahr Arms, Kook Jin Moon is also so very high up in the Unification Church, and serves as a Vice President of Business operations.

The really amazing thing about his wife is that she still has such a great figure, and here she has given birth to 4 children in the last 5 years. Many women have their figure go to hell after having just one child. Below is a photo from their wedding.

If anyone ever complains that Kahr is run by a Kook, they are actually telling the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    That looks to me as though it is a Korean News Website......guessing that a few Koreans here in the States my get on those websites to get news......and chances are that it is a State side based website too....
    Nope, you are wrong. That website and its servers are all located in Seoul, South Korea. I did a WHOIS lookup on it:

Administrative, Technical, Billing Contact:
    sportsseouldaily ****@sportsseoul.com
    1dong 5F sportsseoul, Mullae-dong3(sam)-gaACEhitechcity, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
    (Tel) 02-2001-0066 (fax) 02-2001-0069

Record created on january 01, 1999
    Record expires on 2011-10-16
    Record last updated on 2010-09-28

Domain servers in listed order:

ns2.kt-idc.com
    ns.kt-idc.com

Are you all sure that people of privilege with high status cannot own handguns in South Korea??

I do recall the Foreign Minister of South Korea condemning the United States back in 2007 for having lax controls on guns, after that South Korean native massacred so many people at Virgina Tech. He said that the American government was to blame for the killings, and not the man from South Korea.

Yea, I'm not sure that these are for that market. Obviously, China would never allow their citizens to have arms; from what I last heard, South Korea has basically zero-tolerance gun control. I hear that so much as illegal firearm possession could get you life in prison or the death penalty - just for possessing one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links