Opinions on custom 1911 work?

This is a discussion on Opinions on custom 1911 work? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Folks.. I have been toying with the idea of getting a compact carry .45, and realized I had a beloved one in the safe ...

Thread: Opinions on custom 1911 work?

Hey Folks.. I have been toying with the idea of getting a compact carry .45, and realized I had a beloved one in the safe that has been overlooked for too long. My first pistol ever purchased was a Para ordnance P12-45. I always shot it well, and I am looking to get some custom work done to her to enhance reliability and overall carry quality of the gun. I like having 13 rounds of .45 at hand.. especially in the winter months when it is easy for me to conceal under heavy clothes. Anyway, any suggestions of gunsmiths that do nice and somewhat affordable work on the 1911? I'd like to drop some new night sights, beaver tail grip, springs, np3 type finish, and potentially barrel into the gun along with a fluff and buff. What will $1000 - $1250 get in the custom 1911 world these days, and who would you use? Another way of putting it.. who would you trust with $1250 and this gun to work it over?

Thanks in advance..
    Attached Images

JD
    Administrator
    I'd give Novak Custom a call, they've done more than a few Paras. Robar would be my second choice.

Wilson Combat would do the best job on that IMO. The cost? Couldn't tell you. Beautiful piece as is to my thinking. Must be near and dear to you since I'm thinking with little more than what you're willing to spend on amenities...........you could probably get one new with what you want. The NP³ finish? Hey....it's your pistol.
    Wilson Combat will work with you on anything I'm sure. Home state folks.

i was thinkong along the same line as ram rod. for what your looking to spend, you could get a new gun with all the options you listed. just my .02

Alex Hamilton at Ten Ring Precision (210-494-3063) did my Para Ord for the guy I got it from. It is a very sweet shooting 1911. I have not have any reliability issues. It is accurate. Eats anything. Shoots dirty. The total price was $731 and that included a KART barrel, oversize slide stop, remove internal MIM, 3.5 lb speed trigger, Brown sear and disconnector and repairing the slide not locking back. I did not have this work done to the gun. The guy I got it from did, but the ticket from Alex Hamilton was in the box with the pistol. Since I did not shoot the gun before the work was done I could not tell you how much improvement was made. I can only say I am happy with the gun.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Sponsored Links