Faith Restored in No. 2 LCP

This is a discussion on Faith Restored in No. 2 LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was finally able to take my No. 2 LCP to the range today, after it's second trip back to Ruger for repairs. It had ...

Thread: Faith Restored in No. 2 LCP

Thumbs up Faith Restored in No. 2 LCP

I was finally able to take my No. 2 LCP to the range today, after it's second trip back to Ruger for repairs. It had been experiencing ejection and feed failures, in addition to mags that popped out of position. I had also noted "smiley faces" on the ammo, which were so severe they jammed up the gun.

Between the two trips back (Ruger paid for the shipping both times) Ruger replaced the slide, barrel, recoil spring, recoil spring guide rod, ejector, ejector spring, mag catch, and mag catch spring. At my request, they tested it with 100 rounds before shipping it back to me the second time (their usual testing protocol is 24 rounds)...kudos to their CS for listening to my request on that.

Today I fired 150 rounds of Winchester "White Box" 95 gr FMJ (Flat points), using only the mag that came with the pistol to limit variables. The gun was flawless. Accuracy was excellent, as it is with the other two LCPs we have in the family (I have one other one, as does my wife). Once I had the CT laser dialed in, keeping several mags worth of shots in one ragged hole was no problem at all at 7 yards distance. With ~ 16 inches of penetration, I am happy to use the WWB FMJ-FP as defensive ammo.

I ejected and checked some of the chambered rounds for "smiley faces" and noted perhaps some very slight dimples, but no "smileys."

So, with a total of 250 rounds through it now with no issues, I am prepared to call it "fixed."

While I usually carry a G26 and use my No. 1 LCP as a secondary (which has ~1000 flawless rounds through it), if there is reason to be even more discreet, I am now confident enough with No.2 that I can carry it as a back-up to No.1.

Kudos to Ruger's CS department - it took a few tries, but it seems they got it right.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Wow 10th, I thought you had that situation resolved some time ago. It is good to know that it finally is and now you have one for each pocket and dont have to snag the wifes any longer

(PPK from you know where)
    Retired US Army/Disabled
    Tennessee in the Republic of the USA
    A Handgun Carry Permit is but a small piece of plastic, but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic Responsibility!

Good news! I'm glad you got it worked out and can now trust it to do it's job.

I took mine out today, but only to the local Kroger, it was a back up to my LCR. I've yet to need to call Ruger for anything with mine, but it's good to know how they respond to their customers.

Again, I'm glad it's fixed and back on the job.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SGT JOE View Post
    Wow 10th, I thought you had that situation resolved some time ago. It is good to know that it finally is and now you have one for each pocket and dont have to snag the wifes any longer

(PPK from you know where)
    I got it back from Ruger about a month ago, just never had a chance to get to the range.

Glad to see you over here!
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Glad to hear Ruger CS got everything squared away for you. I've thought about getting another LCP and using it for double LCP carry... I guess it's kinda like an early Christmas present for you.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Ruger replaced the slide, barrel, recoil spring, recoil spring guide rod, ejector, ejector spring, mag catch, and mag catch spring.

Congrats on getting a new LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Ruger replaced the slide, barrel, recoil spring, recoil spring guide rod, ejector, ejector spring, mag catch, and mag catch spring.

Congrats on getting a new LCP.
    Yup...that's about it. Other than the frame and fire control, it's a new pistol. I'm sure Ruger lost money on the deal, but their service is top notch...they do really want happy customers, so I'll give credit where credit is due.

BTW - I also noted no walking frame pins. Seems they got that sorted out as well.
    CT Lasers

Links