Don't mean to bore you about the FNX-9, but...

This is a discussion on Don't mean to bore you about the FNX-9, but... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The more I handle and shoot this gun the more I like it. I shot my 700th round through it this afternoon. I had I ...

Thread: Don't mean to bore you about the FNX-9, but...

Senior Moderator

Don't mean to bore you about the FNX-9, but...

The more I handle and shoot this gun the more I like it.

I shot my 700th round through it this afternoon. I had I think two failures to eject cleanly in the first 100 rounds when I first got it; after that this thing has run like a clock!!!!

It was very overcast at the outdoor range today, but it was time to put the FNX-9 through some of my standard range tests. One is shooting torso size dingers at 63 yards, the other is shotgun shells from 25 - 35 feet.

I could give you the details but it'd sound boastful, so I'll just say I shot these two drills better, easier and faster than I usually do. And, I shoot Glocks, M&Ps, Hks, Sigs, Berettas, and 1911s. I can't or at least haven't, shot any gun as proficiently as I did the FNX-9 today.

There must be some kind of ergonomic, synergistic magic going on with this gun. The DA trigger is well, a DA trigger - a bit heavy and long but quite manageable. I did readily hit shotgun shells in the DA mode - it just took longer to break the shot.

But, SA is just fantastic, at least I think it is. It has just the slightest bit of creep before it breaks the shot, but it is as good as any gun I've shot except maybe a custom 1911.

I traded an M&Pf .45ACP for the FNX-9 just because I wanted to get rid of the M&P and the FNX-9 was there in the display case. I appreciate it more and more with every use.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

I have a new FNX-9 also. I traded a CZ P-07 in for it. Been flawless with a little over 400 rounds through it. I'm very happy with it.

VIP Member
    Great News! I've been eyeing an FNX-9 at my corner gun shop and they are nice. Glad it's working out for you.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have an FNP-9 which is very similar to the "X". Of all the guns I've ever owned, the FNP-9 has the best ergonomics for me. Feels like it was custom fitted, and I love carrying it.
    It's a great shooter too!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    The more I handle and shoot this gun the more I like it.

I shot my 700th round through it this afternoon. I had I think two failures to eject cleanly in the first 100 rounds when I first got it; after that this thing has run like a Glock!!!!
    It was very overcast at the outdoor range today, but it was time to put the FNX-9 through some of my standard range tests. One is shooting torso size dingers at 63 yards, the other is shotgun shells from 25 - 35 feet.

I could give you the details but it'd sound boastful, so I'll just say I shot these two drills better, easier and faster than I usually do. And, I shoot Glocks, M&Ps, Hks, Sigs, Berettas, and 1911s. I can't or at least haven't, shot any gun as proficiently as I did the FNX-9 today.

There must be some kind of ergonomic, synergistic magic going on with this gun. The DA trigger is well, a DA trigger - a bit heavy and long but quite manageable. I did readily hit shotgun shells in the DA mode - it just took longer to break the shot.

But, SA is just fantastic, at least I think it is. It has just the slightest bit of creep before it breaks the shot, but it is as good as any gun I've shot except maybe a custom 1911.

I traded an M&Pf .45ACP for the FNX-9 just because I wanted to get rid of the M&P and the FNX-9 was there in the display case. I appreciate it more and more with every use.
    I went and fixed that for ya!

Glad its working for ya!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Not bored at all! I had a thread here while back wanting info on the FN line and this is great info. I was actually going to contact you via PM for more input.

I have trusted Glocks and revolvers for so long that it's difficult to try something else. The fact that I can work on the Glocks myself gives me alot of comfort and the accessories make it hard to leave.

But I darn sure like what I hear and see out of the there FNs. Might have to try one out. Thanks for the input!

I have been eyeballing a FNP-40 with the desert tan frame for awhile at one of my local pawn shops. The price is right I just have too many polymer handguns as it is, maybe it's time to sell one.

My two tone FNP-40 is awesome. They are greating great print these days, all the FN's.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Thanks for the report. I may purchase one as well. Keep the report coming and any info regarding it. Seems like a nice pistol for the 1911 shooters who don't want the Sig or H&K price tag.

I too have been looking at them and wondering how they might perform. It was nice to hear your experience with it. I'd LOVE to see some photos of your gun.

Thanks for the report.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've been eyein' up the FNX guns too. Thinking about the 40 though.
    Thanks for the report and enjoy..
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

I love my FNP-9. Can't go wrong in the $400 range. I like mine far better than the glock 23 I had.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    +1 from another FNP .40 owner. Never had aproblem except using Sellier & Bellot ammo, but other wise flawless.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links