Seecamp .32

Seecamp .32

This is a discussion on Seecamp .32 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to hear what you folks think about this firearm for defensive carry. I had the opportunity to handle and fire one recently. VERY ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seecamp .32

Seecamp .32

I'd like to hear what you folks think about this firearm for defensive carry. I had the opportunity to handle and fire one recently. VERY VERY well made and within 5 yards I can keep them in a large cereal box size target. There are NO SIGHTS!!!! so it's all point and shoot. It is TINY! I have a G26, love it, but as i said on another thread, sometimes it is too big to carry (just the way it is...), so I really need a pocket pistol. (my wife would argue the need part). I live in MA, so my choices are limited. I have always been intrigued by the Seacamp. Limited to the .32 as the .380 is not approved in this state...

tell what ya think! Have a happy holiday!

Senior Moderator
    Some general comments on the .32 ACP are in this recent thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ACP&highlight=

The Seecamp is a high-quality weapon, and it was designed around the Winchester Silvertip round - not hardball, not any other JHPs. That rigid requirement may have been relaxed over the past few years, but in any case, when stoked with the proper ammo the Seecamp is reliable. Larry put no sights on his tiny guns because he knew how they would be used - "point and click."

The Seecamp is pricey when compared to the plastic Kel-Tec .32 I occasionally carry, but you're getting some fine craftsmanship and a gun you'll be proud to pass along to the next generation. When I kick the bucket, my Kel-Tec will probably go into the recycle bucket along with the milk jugs!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

The size of the Seecamp pistol is just too small for my large hands. I need to be able to put more than one finger around the grip for accuracy. I agree on quality of manufacture - it appears to be a well made pistol.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I missed out on a really nice Seecamp .32 last spring for $400... one owner that was 75 years old. The gun only had 40-50 rounds through the tube. I just didn't have the funds at the time and wasn't willing to part with another to trade. Now, I wish I had parted and traded. I would love to have the seecamp .32.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I missed out on a really nice Seecamp .32 last spring for $400... one owner that was 75 years old.
    Fear not. Go to Gunbroker and buy a new one for $425 every day.

I have a .32. I considered a .380 but I hear the recoil is painful and the price is too.
    I love to look at mine. I never get tired of it. It came with a DelFatti Ostrich holster (probably why I paid too much.) and a bunch of spares.
    A bit of Simichrome and it looks like new.
    It drops in my pocket like my car keys. No reason to NOT carry it.
    I love it.
    However. Be aware it is VERY finicky about ammo. Max length .910". So it will shoot WWB FMJ, Gold Dots, Silver tips, and not much else.
    I actually bought a digital caliper to measure ammo.

I have a seecamp 32. Shoots great and conceals better. It would be a good choice. Just for info, the sig p-238 and S&W bodyguard 380 are now MASS compliant, so we now have some more choices. You might not be able to get one for a month or so as they will be hot items.

los
    Pretty darn good CQB accuracy for a sightless, diminutive sized automatic..

Link to Seecamp LWS32 Rapid Fire Video
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I have owned one for 5 years. Very precision piece; use Gold dots or silver tip and WWB QA4255. Never an excuse not to carry.

Consider North American Arms also. They make the the same size pistol (almost a clone) in an odd ball caliber called 32naa. It is a 60 grain bullet that travels at 1200 fps out of this little pistol.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Pretty darn good CQB accuracy for a sightless, diminutive sized automatic..

Link to Seecamp LWS32 Rapid Fire Video
    You are not kidding!! Really nice shooting.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by johniac7078 View Post
    You are not kidding!! Really nice shooting.
    Thanks. ..
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I've got one I use with a clip grip. Hooks right on my belt inside the pants. I can wear it with a tucked in dress shirt and it is invisible. Sure beats a punch when you can't have something bigger...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've had a LWS32 for quite a while. I've tested every available brand of ammo except the truncated WWB QA4255. As long as it fits in the mag, it has fed and fired just fine. I currently carry Winchester Silver Tip, which has been readily available and one of the least expensive rounds found.

When I practice, I never "aim". Point and quick-shoot yields a fist sized group at the 3 yard range I generally use. The first time my brother shot my Seecamp he shot about a 2" group! I was impressed.

In over 24 years my Seecamp has proven to be a dependable, solid up close and personal defensive gun. The new ones are probably even better, as Seecamp now makes them with better material and are made on CNC machines. The magazines are lightyears better now too.

Cons;
    Take down is a little funky. You need a spent case and a tool. It isn't hard to do, just has to be learned.
    Almost always will stovepipe on the last round. The gun is not designed for ninja quick mag changes...period. If that's important to you, this is the wrong gun.
    You need an inserted mag to rack the slide.

Pros;
    You said it...TINY.
    Reliable.
    Seecamp stands behind his pistol.
    Solid stainless steel, very robust.
    Nice trigger.
    Parts are easy to buy and cheap.
    Smooth, melted, slick as a baby's skin.
    Prices have come down the last few years. I see used guns in the sub $400 area routinely.

24 and still looking good, (new mag, new grip panels).

I love mine, it has a time and a place, and I don't think any other gun does its job as well. You ought to look around over at pocketholsters.com, and seecamp.com. Take a look at the overlay pictures to get an idea how tiny it is. Read the owners manual online, there is a very specific manual of arms to the Seecamp. I find using it the way it was meant to be gives flawless performance. Larry Seecamp is also a very accessable CEO. Even if you wind up hating it, you'll be able to get out of it easy.

ETA
    Ripley, I have never had a stovepipe, mine is 050xxx serial if that means anything.
    Last edited by ICTsnub; December 23rd, 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added info.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    ETA
    Ripley, I have never had a stovepipe, mine is 050xxx serial if that means anything.
    Mine doesn't stovepipe on every last round, but most. It's a very common trait, due to the following round being used in the ejection process. Count yourself lucky... or, since your pistol is much newer, maybe the stovepipe condition has been abated.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links