Help me decide...

This is a discussion on Help me decide... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Should I get a Kel-Tec P11, a P-3AT, or wait for a PF-9? I am looking to carry in my front pocket and am a ...

Thread: Help me decide...

Help me decide...

Should I get a Kel-Tec P11, a P-3AT, or wait for a PF-9? I am looking to carry in my front pocket and am a big guy (6'5"). This will be my primary concealed carry gun. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Make sure you handle the weapons before you buy. The P-3at is pretty small and I can only get 1 1/2 fingers on the grip. The PF-9 sounds nice and I'm waiting to get my hands on one as well.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

the P 11 is well proven, the PF 9, new. I try not to buy a new design for at least a year to let things shake out.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Assistant Administrator
    I agree with KC in essence - best to consider a tried and tested.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I bought the P11 for the same reason, front pocket carry. I'm 6'3" and 280. I had originally bought a Glock 26, but thought that it would be too wide to carry, though I didn't try. However, after my bad experience with the P11 (others love theirs, I didn't), I decided that I just couldn't stake my life on it. I decided to give the Glock a try. After all, the Nemesis pocket holster that I had purchased was the same model for either gun. As it turned out, the Glock worked just fine. I'm currently using a fanny pack holster, as I've wanted to carry my XD 45, and that certainly wouldn't work as a pocket gun. But when I carry in my right front pocket, it's the Glock. Better reliablity, and much nicer to shoot.

If you want the most power/capacity, go with the P11. It fits in my front pocket very well and I'm not a big guy. I try to carry my XD45 with me as much as possible, but the P11 is always there. I stick with the factory 10rd. magazines for minimal printing and the most comfort.

Spend as much time at the range with the P11 as your time/finances will allow. Practice with the trigger goes a long way. Realize what range the gun is designed for, don't expect 2-3" groups at 25yds.

Either one should be a good gun. It comes down to which fits your hand better.

Links