Glock 23 Failure to Feed on Last Round fixed

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Failure to Feed on Last Round fixed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After many hundreds of rounds and two trips to Glock Inc my G23 is finally working without the sporadic failures to feed on the last ...

After many hundreds of rounds and two trips to Glock Inc my G23 is finally working without the sporadic failures to feed on the last round. During the first trip to Glock, they replaced the recoil spring, the extractor, and the magazines. This did not fix the problem. Sent back a second time, and they replaced all mag springs with 10 coil ones. Got it back this week. Took the range and fired 200 rounds. Got 5 FTFs with the last round. The round was partially into the chamber and the slide was almost closed. I got very frustrated. Went home, cleaned and replaced the extractor with one I purchased as a spare about a year ago and also replaced the recoil spring assembly (although both the spring and the extractor had been replaced by Glock.

The problem disappeared! I put 300 rounds through it and not a hiccup! Tried shooting one handed both strong and weak - no problems.

QUESTION - the replacement extractor (looks exactly the same as the old one) but has 3 stamped on it. The one that Glock put in had 4 stamped on it. Does anyone have either of the 3 or 4 marking on their extractor? Similar experiences? Thanks!

I dunno......I've never had a problem with my G23 though.
    I'm gonna look now.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No similar experiences in that aspect, although I do have problems with my G30 shooting reloads, the ocassional fail to go into battery. Sometimes a push on the rear of the slide is all it takes, sometimes the round must be recycled. Happens randomly, not the last round. I'm suspecting a problem with the cases not fitting under (behind?) the extractor. A few cases do fit snugly in press shellholder, so I think the extractor cuts are out of specs and not letting the extractor fit properly. I think I'm going to pull those cases out of the boxes and see if the rest feed okay.

Good to hear your issues are worked out (hopefully to never return). You might call Glock CS and ask what the different numbers mean.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links