380 Gone, Caliber Changes for 2011?

This is a discussion on 380 Gone, Caliber Changes for 2011? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made a move today and got rid of my seecamp .32 and got a Kahr K9 in the used bin that looks like it ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 380 Gone, Caliber Changes for 2011?

I made a move today and got rid of my seecamp .32 and got a Kahr K9 in the used bin that looks like it hasn't been shot. My plan is to go with this weapon in a smartcarry in those situations when I used to carry the Seecamp (dress shirt tucked into dress pants) It's a tad heavy because it's all steel, but it's very thin and a SC will distribute the weight. I must admit the podcast did make an impression on me...but I agree that sometimes it just has to be a small gun or nothing...we'll see how it works for me.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

2. Remove Ads

I can't believe I lost 20 minutes of my life listening to the first third of that podcast.
    Some drink at the fountain of Knowledge, others just gargle.

I could set my watch to these 380 bashing threads.

And God Bless the 300lb 6.2ft people that can carry a 1911 like everyone else carries a cell phone.

My points on the matter.
    1. The mouseguns are not meant for entering a macho gunfight. They're meant for a surprise defensive attack when a BG thinks you are unarmed.
    2. There loud as hell and make a great attention getter and psychological deterrent.
    3. (I feel my family is immediate life threatening danger which we cannot retreat safely) Before that BG knows whats going on he's gonna hear 7 really loud pops very close to him in a very short amount a time and if he's still standing there's some knuckles, feet, and teeth behind that.

Hi, my name is zacii, and I carry a full-size 1911 in the summers of Arizona.

I'm only 5 and a half feet tall, but it doesn't stop me, nor am I in any way inconvenienced or uncomfortable.

Apparently I have a problem, but fail to recognize it.

Is there a help-group that can help me to realize that I am uncomfortable and can only carry a mouse gun in the Az climate?

Oh, woe is me! I was told that you can only carry a .380 or a j-frame if you live in a hot climate and are small statured. I listened and got a j-frame, but ALAS! I slipped further into my incorrigible condition, and found myself carrying the j-frame and the 1911.

All whilst sipping lemonade in the 105 degree shade.

Can I be helped?

Is anyone there?

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

zacii,

What brand 1911 is it? I may be able to help you. My address is.....

;-)

Ken

While the .380 is not the ideal caliber, I'll still bet on a well trained person with a .380 vs an un trained person with a .45acp. Using your head and having a gun when you need it, becomes most important, IMHO.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    While the .380 is not the ideal caliber, I'll still bet on a well trained person with a .380 vs an un trained person with a .45acp. Using your head and having a gun when you need it, becomes most important, IMHO.

Yup just like the other time I was at the range and some guy with his buddies were shooting his new Glock 30 that he just purchased, out to the max at the range of 15 meters and could not hit anything. They kept blaming the sights, global warming, upcoming 2012, etc. and had the range master come in and try it and he just kept hitting COM, smiled and handed it back to them and said it seemed good to go to him. As he left he looked at me and smiled and I too smiled to myself and kept practicing with my little S&W Bodyguard 380. God Bless

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links