Getting a new gun in Jan. 2011 - Page 2

Getting a new gun in Jan. 2011

This is a discussion on Getting a new gun in Jan. 2011 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by alafan I get a monthly bonus check and my wife told me today for my birthday on Jan. 25 th. i get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a new gun in Jan. 2011

Quote Originally Posted by alafan View Post
    I get a monthly bonus check and my wife told me today for my birthday on Jan. 25 th. i get to spend it on a gun. Bonus will be around 900.00. Thinking about a 1911 prob. a springfield. But never owned one before. Yall got any other ideas. I dont get let lose with that much at one time often so i would like ideas since it prob. wont happen again for awhile.
    I'll commend you for selecting a 1911, but question why a Springfield when the original manufacturer of the 1911, is still in business, still producing the 1911, and makes some very affordable yet good quality models.

You can find a Colt Rail Gun in your price range if you shop around.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    How about an H&K45?

The OP said he was thinking about a 1911.
    That plastic bottomfeeder is not a 1911.

Biker

Colt may be the way to go. Like i said never owned a 1911 so if for some reason i dont like the 1911 for what ever reason the resale value would be good. But with the following the 1911 has i dont see me not being happy with it. Ill check out the prices online. Thanks Biker

Actually Biker later on in the thread, he said the HK was an idea.

I do agree with Bikers choice of a Colt Rail Gun. Those are very nice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    The OP said he was thinking about a 1911.
    That plastic bottomfeeder is not a 1911.

Biker
    Thinking about a 1911 prob. a springfield. But never owned one before. Yall got any other ideas. I dont get let lose with that much at one time often so i would like ideas since it prob. wont happen again for awhile.
    I recently posted a thread about a pistol, and had a bunch of responses suggesting something different, but in this case it sounds like OP is looking at alternatives too.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    You can find a Colt Rail Gun in your price range if you shop around.

Biker
    I know you're talking about a 1911 with an accessory rail, but I still can't help but thinking of this when I hear 'Colt rail gun', there's always a second where I wonder when Colt started making these:

Rail Gun (link)

Thinking about a 1911 prob. a springfield. But never owned one before. Yall got any other ideas.
    I took that to mean, "Other than Springfield." Obvisously some took it to mean, "Othan than a 1911."

Biker

I get a monthly bonus check and my wife told me today for my birthday on Jan. 25 th. i get to spend it on a gun. Bonus will be around 900.00. Thinking about a 1911 prob. a springfield. But never owned one before. Yall got any other ideas. I dont get let lose with that much at one time often so i would like ideas since it prob. wont happen again for awhile.
    So, your wife allows you to spend your money on something you want? Well....you lucky dog you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    So, your wife allows you to spend your money on something you want? Well....you lucky dog you.
    Yeah. . . maybe YOU can just show up with a new ~$1000 item without talking to your SO first, but most of us can't

Actually, I KNOW I am one of the lucky ones. When I buy a new gun she is as excited as I am and when SHE buys a new gun, I am as excited as she is.

When I bought the AR she was surprised and excited and the first thing she said was "I get to shoot it first!" and when she bought her Sig P239, I was excited and wanted to shoot it. But she had beat me to it!

Eat your heart out guys!!!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Colt! that way you can call it an investment too!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Actually, I KNOW I am one of the lucky ones. When I buy a new gun she is as excited as I am and when SHE buys a new gun, I am as excited as she is.

When I bought the AR she was surprised and excited and the first thing she said was "I get to shoot it first!" and when she bought her Sig P239, I was excited and wanted to shoot it. But she had beat me to it!

Eat your heart out guys!!!
    My wife and I are both gun lovers with me straying in to the "nut" side. We both enjoy getting a new gun, but we both discuss purchases over $100 bucks. Our bidget just wont allow anything else. if we have the money she is as in to me buying guns as I am. LOL Some relationships are just different than others.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My wife and i speak to each other about anything we spend. We are just that way. She dont mind me spending money but she knows nothing about guns and knows better then go to a gun store and say ' I want to buy a gun for my husband but i dont know what to get. Heres my money i trust you to give me a good deal on a good gun." lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links