SP101 Trigger help.

SP101 Trigger help.

This is a discussion on SP101 Trigger help. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a SP101. The gun was functioning prior to tinkering (imagine that) I took it apart to install a Wolf spring kit. I got ...

SP101 Trigger help.

I have a SP101. The gun was functioning prior to tinkering (imagine that) I took it apart to install a Wolf spring kit. I got it all put back together and it and the trigger would not pull back. I took it apart and followed the reinstallation steps as well as I could understand. It will cycle a few times then it wont then it will. I reinstalled everything without the pawl installed and it pulls fine. I am wondering if there is something simple to watch for or change. I am installing the trigger group with the transfer bar and the pawl straight up. When it does cycle its mighty smooth. I will be grateful for any help.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have a SP101. The gun was functioning prior to tinkering (imagine that) I took it apart to install a Wolf spring kit. I got it all put back together and it and the trigger would not pull back. I took it apart and followed the reinstallation steps as well as I could understand. It will cycle a few times then it wont then it will. I reinstalled everything without the pawl installed and it pulls fine. I am wondering if there is something simple to watch for or change. I am installing the trigger group with the transfer bar and the pawl straight up. When it does cycle its mighty smooth. I will be grateful for any help.
    My link-fu is not working but there's several videos on youtube that would help your problem.

Thank you I had not thought of that. I will do that tomorrow afternoon and see what I can find.

Did you get it figured out?

r-sp-101.gif

I did thank you I had misplaced the plunger and spring on the pawl. I got to looking in the area I was working and found the needle in a haystack. I tore the gun completely down and swapped out the springs and gave it a through cleaning. I installed the little plunger into place and it cycled perfectly. Well almost I found that the trigger return had to remain stock. It felt good but the reset just wasnt there with the lighter spring. Also I got the hammer springs mixed up and not sure which I went. I did clean up some of the metal so either way even if I went back with stock springs its smoother. Thank you

Links