How many of you have looked, tried, and found that you are only comfortable with 1? - Page 3

How many of you have looked, tried, and found that you are only comfortable with 1?

This is a discussion on How many of you have looked, tried, and found that you are only comfortable with 1? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Old School Nice photos wmhawth. My cell phone cannot get that definition. My G-19 on the right of my photo has been ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you have looked, tried, and found that you are only comfortable with 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Nice photos wmhawth. My cell phone cannot get that definition.

My G-19 on the right of my photo has been around since 1994 and is a trusted friend. It is a beast and has never, that's right never failed to feed or extract anything I fed it. Same goes for the G-23 and G-36.

They are beautiful in function and reliability but my P-35 is to me beautiful to the eye and I have never shot a semi auto as well nor had one fit my hand like my Hi Power. With Federal 9-BP ammo it's function is flawless.

Just my opinion but your K-frames are beauty, your Glocks.....beasts.

Have a happy and prosperous New Year.
    Thanks Old School. K Frame S&Ws are my first love but when it comes to Guns I seem to have enough love to spread around. I'm loving my Glocks right now. Your P-35 is a beauty to behold as well.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I am just not impressed with what is out there (some sort of social status trend going to plastic guns)
    yeah...ive heard that about indoor plumbing, electric starters on cars and toilet paper...progress is so impractical...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    yeah...ive heard that about indoor plumbing, electric starters on cars and toilet paper...progress is so impractical...
    roflmao !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    This is not about progress, if that was a driving factor in handguns, someone please explain why the revolver is still alive and relatively unchanged after 175 years on the market? facicious question, don't answer that. I don't want this thread turning into a auto vs wheel gun thread, or hear about the changes to the revolver since it's inception.

My point was that unless it is a 1911 platform, an all steel frame semi auto is becoming extremely rare, especially in a hi-cap format. Glock came out with the poly frame and IIRC the first striker fired pistol, had some manner of success with it, Hollywood got a hold of it, now everyone switching over to it, and if cost of materials or manufacture was a factor in that decision, I have not seen that represented in the retail price.

There is no technological advantage of a striker fired over hammer fired. Both make it go bang on a regular basis. They are just 2 different methods.

To me, the poly guns seem to have a lot of trade offs to be slightly lighter - 3 to 5 oz. The poly guns have a tendency to be "fatter", and weight wise seems to be a handicap as the lighter poly guns have a much harsher recoil, and a higher barrel offset READ - barrel sits higher in poly vs steel - I forget the technical term for this.

OK back on topic.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Wow, you must have a very weird shaped hand, or very discriminating taste to pass up so many quality, reliable, and durable firearms. It's always good to have options in my opinion. At last count I have 14 handguns. All but one is worthy of concealed carry that being my .22 High Standard target pistol.

I wish you luck in finding a replacement. The 9mm versions on Gunbroker don't seem to be terribly expensive, and from what you describe, they certainly don't wear very well.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've shot (not owned) a large variety of different handguns since I was 21. The Baby Eagle that I now carry, I had actually got for the wife for when I was out of town (yes, I let her choose, I only put in my recommendations) was the only gun that I actually said "Wow, I gotta get me one of these", became physically aroused, and that was after the first 3 shots. So yeah, I now know what a perfect fit feels like - discriminating taste. The following week I went and purchased another so she could have the new one. Oh, and yeah, she said she would divorce me before she let me carry hers in replacement of mine, even temporarily.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Well, it definitely sucks that you can't find another in .40 cal. The 9mm seem pretty plentiful on the used market.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

mkh
    I like options and I sometimes change my EDC based on weather, location and what is on the agenda for the day.

I normally carry my Glock 30sf but if the situation or my mood dictates I can also carry the 21sf or the XD-40SC or the LCP or even my S&W 686.

As I said I like options and I have guns that are reliable and work for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links