Need a EDC working gun for concealment .45

This is a discussion on Need a EDC working gun for concealment .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Remington79 : The XD is way more ergonomic but the key phrase here is: "FOR ME." That's what I believe you should have added. These ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a EDC working gun for concealment .45

Remington79: The XD is way more ergonomic but the key phrase here is: "FOR ME." That's what I believe you should have added. These are all subjective assertions, including the trigger pulls.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I gotta throw in my two cents for the Glock 30sf...tough to argue with 11 rounds of .45ACP.

The XD feels a little better in the hands but the squishy trigger, long over travel, and long reset makes for an inferior trigger. After you get to the reset point you have to bring the trigger back again to get to the point where you feel resistance. With the Glock where it resets is where the resistance is. I can't see how anyone would like that or consider that better.

Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    The XD feels a little better in the hands but the squishy trigger, long over travel, and long reset makes for an inferior trigger. After you get to the reset point you have to bring the trigger back again to get to the point where you feel resistance. With the Glock where it resets is where the resistance is. I can't see how anyone would like that or consider that better.
    Well, with respect, you might not be able to see that but there are obviously folks who do, right? The Glock is way too "blocky" for ME (and me alone -- not trying to make a blanket denial of your assertion) so I prefer the XD. Lots of folks might agree, too otherwise XD wouldn't have a following at all would they?

The only big bone of contention I have with my XD is the freakin' recoil spring is so tough to compress in trying to rack the slide that I have to modify my technique! I grab the top of the slide over the top with my left (non firing) hand and hold firm. Then I "punch" forward with the gun in my right hand to forcefully eject whatever is there to clear. But I really love the way I have it set up with the CT Laser module and my Tru-Glo Tritiums on it so that they glow at night but really POP in sunlight as the fiber optic threads catch the light. So I'm happy.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Cool

OK my $.02. Glock 36 and don't look back.

P26100833.jpg

G-23 G-19
    G-36
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Ok all heres the deal of the day. I sold my norinco 1911 Fs but instead of a sale i traded it and some cash for
    my new EDC/truck gun, a H&K P2000 .40 S&W! It's at 85% and feels great in my hand and very well made. It's
    nice trading guns with friends because no one is trying to get ahead. So i need to get to the range and get a IWB holster.
    I shot my G23 pretty well but really didd'nt give it a chance since my son was all over it and now it's his,LOL! And boy can he shoot!
    I want to thank you all for your replies and helpful suggestions. if i did'nt run into this H&K today I would have bought the glock,just to clear the air!
    Thanks again from the bikerboy!!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
    Ok all heres the deal of the day. I sold my norinco 1911 Fs but instead of a sale i traded it and some cash for
    my new EDC/truck gun, a H&K P2000 .40 S&W! It's at 85% and feels great in my hand and very well made. It's
    nice trading guns with friends because no one is trying to get ahead. So i need to get to the range and get a IWB holster.
    I shot my G23 pretty well but really didd'nt give it a chance since my son was all over it and now it's his,LOL! And boy can he shoot!
    I want to thank you all for your replies and helpful suggestions. if i did'nt run into this H&K today I would have bought the glock,just to clear the air!
    Thanks again from the bikerboy!!!
    I think ya done good, bikerboy! I love my H&K P30 9mm. With a Streamlight TLR3 on the rail it is my primary home defense gun that nestles under my pillow all night long. H&K's are awesome. Someday I'm gonna get me an H&K45 full size, just to have one. Someday.

Thanks soldier, I feel good about the choice since the H&K is up there on alot of guys got to have list.
    Plus it's a .40,plenty of KD power,not as small as I may have hoped for but still can conceal it well in the right holster.
    High noon has a holster called Public secret that is really nice for my H&K. Can't wait to shoot it!!!! I will add you to my friends list
    if you don't mind and if I work the next Miami Gun show in Jan i will maybe see you there.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links