I made a mistake at the LGS today

This is a discussion on I made a mistake at the LGS today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How could you do that to yourself?? JK.. Very nice! hope you get the fte worked through...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I made a mistake at the LGS today

VIP Member
    How could you do that to yourself??

JK..
    Very nice! hope you get the fte worked through
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Aw!

He posted a picture and everything!

I haven't held the 36s much, but I wouldn't turn one down. I have the other two .45s that Gaston made and I love them both dearly. Having a Springer 1911 and the "Combat Tupperware", I can't disparage any of them.

Give the 'Ware a chance. The thing that most people like is the ease of use, lack of cleaning, and the assurance in a torrential downpour that a quick shake-out will make it ready for the safe again!
    I had to call up an intel friend of mine, and have him type the post, and put the picture in. All I am good for is breaking stuff. I'll give it a chance, when I get a few hundred flawless rounds downrange in the summer, and at least 2 more mags.

Pirate, I know the lock can be removed. I am sure down the line I will pick up a DAO j-frame, for now I'll have to stick with a 638.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    First it starts with a 36. Then you find yourself out a few nights with a 19. It's fun and you don't really see any harm in it. You don't tell any 1911s because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Next thing you know you're a full on, strung out Glockophile just waiting for your next Glock fix.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Great gun...you will love it.congrats

Nice piece of plastic heat! I'm saving up my duckets to puchase the very same thing. It'll be my first owned .45 acp.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

For what it's worth there have been a number of issues when using extensions with G36 mags. I can only speculate on reasons but I've seen a number of threads on Glocktalk about issues with extensions on the mags and malfunctions. When I read your post about selecting the mag with extension bells went off. I can't speak to whether this has been improved recently in some way but for a while I'd see posts all the time and very happy G36 owners telling others to keep mag extenions off.

Congrats on your purchase!

Chris

Yes, big mistake. You'd better give it up right now to avoid further embarrassment. Come on, hand it over. >sticks hand out<

Nice deal, enjoy your new piece of plastic Just remember to take your 1911s out sometimes too, otherwise they'll start to feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    First it starts with a 36. Then you find yourself out a few nights with a 19. It's fun and you don't really see any harm in it. You don't tell any 1911s because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Next thing you know you're a full on, strung out Glockophile just waiting for your next Glock fix.
    I guess I started off my glocking going the "Cougar" route, gotta get down to a 26 or something next, much more my age.

My SA Loaded has maintained its place on my hip, enjoying its new High Noon OWB, which is great in the Ohio winter under my Carhartt coat.

For what it's worth there have been a number of issues when using extensions with G36 mags. I can only speculate on reasons but I've seen a number of threads on Glocktalk about issues with extensions on the mags and malfunctions. When I read your post about selecting the mag with extension bells went off. I can't speak to whether this has been improved recently in some way but for a while I'd see posts all the time and very happy G36 owners telling others to keep mag extenions off.
    Really I thought the mag extension would make it more comfortable to shoot, but it was perfectly manageable with the stock magazine I have. I have also noticed that the extended mag doesn't always drop as freely as the stock magazine, sometimes requiring a pull in order to get it out of the weapon. So, lesson learned, I'll be buying a couple more mags in the future, and leave them stock. I am sure I can find the parts to return the extended mag to stock as well.

We will see what happens to the 1911's this summer, when I have some more mags, and a holster, and a few hundred flawless rounds through it. I have always felt that going from one manual of arms to another is ok, as long as the beginning manual of arms is more complex. Currently I am a 1911 guy, with my alternate carry piece being a j-frame. The 1911 requires the disengaging of a safety, which I have developed muscle memory for. Since the j-frame requires less steps to operate, I feel that carrying it from time to time should still be ok, because there is no safety to forget. The G36 will be in that same category. But I would not alternate between say a 1911 and something with a safety like a Beretta 92, just because it is such a different manual of arms.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Great carry .45 and you don't need a quart of oil to run it as you do with 1911s.

VIP Member
    Hey watch it Marine. Your idea of "cougar" is younger than my wife (who is younger than me)

Cougars are in their 40s. : )
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You should invest in one of these for your 36. You should be able to get one for 5 bucks & shipping.
    Scherer makes one & so does Pearce.
    Just search ebay for Glock 36 plug.
    Won't work with the extended mag....or perhaps I should say, the extended mag won't work with the plug inserted.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

What is " firing out of battery issue Glock and the XD have. "

Please explain...

I've had a 36 for over 10 years and love it. It is my carry gun when one of my 1911's won't do, like summer deep carry (in t-shirt and shorts, although I can carry a 1911 given proper clothing and holster)when I am going to be doing something that will make the sweat run. It also is my fanny pack gun(go ahead, make fun of the fanny pack, but it has proved it's value to me several times). I find the 36 tennifer finish wears better in hot humid sweaty environments. And it is actually more accurate with certain types of ammo then my beloved 1911s!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links