I made a mistake at the LGS today

This is a discussion on I made a mistake at the LGS today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I stopped by the LGS, because I had seen in their flyer a good deal on S&W 442's, and even though I have a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I made a mistake at the LGS today

I made a mistake at the LGS today

Today I stopped by the LGS, because I had seen in their flyer a good deal on S&W 442's, and even though I have a J-frame, thought I would see if that had any without locks, and pick one up. All of the 442's had locks, do I decided to pass on those. I walked down the counter and looked at the Sig P-238's, which are pretty high up on my to-buy list. And they had those at a fair price too. This store is one of the largest LE dealers in the region, and tends to get a lot of police trade ins, which are always awesome deals. So, I was looking through the case, and saw a bunch of Glock 36's down at the end.

Despite me being a 1911 fan-boy, I have long said, that the one Glock I want to own is a G-36. I looked at them, and the price tags, and while they were in great shape, I didn't think I wanted to spend that much on a used Glock. So I was talking to the sales guy, who told me right now they were on a bigger sale, and $100 below the price on the tag. So, much to my chagrin, I wound up buying a Glock, some combat tupperware to go along with all my steel handguns.

The G-36 I selected is in good shape, with almost no finish wear, or barrel wear. It has been shot, that is obvious, but not very much. To make the deal better, it came with two mags, and the salesman let me pick my two from the collection they had with the G-36's. So I got one with a Pearce grip extension, and a stock mag that still has most of the wording on the warning sticker readable.

All of you other 1911 can feel free to berate me now. Hopefully I will shoot it sometime in the next couple days. And since there need to be pics or it didn't happen:

SANY0187.jpg
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    We all mess up from time to time, it's okay, really.

Enjoy; my hands are too small and I don't like the grip but I envy those of you who have Glocks. I do think they're about the best service type gun out there.

Gideon

GM
    Congrats on the G-36. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    We all mess up from time to time, it's okay, really.

Enjoy; my hands are too small and I don't like the grip but I envy those of you who have Glocks. I do think they're about the best service type gun out there.

Gideon
    Hands are too small? Have you ever held a single-stack G36? It's the only Glock that I would consider as my hands are med-small too. Its also the only single-stack that Glock currently makes. In fact, it's nearly as slim as the PPS9 and that thing is really slim. I'm just not a big fan of Walthers or I would have purchased one last year. As it is, I'm loving my steel j-revolver or I'd be packing the G36 right now.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You gotta step up to the plate once in a while.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

congrats on the G36, have fun shooting her!

Cool

No berating here brother.

P26100833.jpg

G-23 G-19
    G-36
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    All of you other 1911 can feel free to berate me now.
    Why? The Glock's are excellent pistols, congratulations.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Congrats, hope you enjoy it.

The G36 is the only Glock that I would buy and after all this time I still do not have one...... I must not want one too badly. I don't like the firing out of battery issue Glock and the XD have.
    Last edited by jwarren; December 30th, 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Congrats on the new G36. I enjoy mine everyday as my EDC gun.

I carry the same knife.

I know, I know, this is the gun room.....

The 36 is an excellent choice. I appreciate and respect the 1911, but you couldnt pass up a great deal on a proven gun. Welcome to the Dark side.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Congrats on the Glock 36. Sounds like you got a sweet deal.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Madmac,
    It's a great knife, it rode all through Afghanistan with me in my left hand pocket, but now resides on my strong side since I don't have a fixed blade. I highly recommend waved Spydercos.

Now for a range report, as much as I hate the local indoor range, my father and I decided to head out there for some quick shooting, as my leave is ending soon, and time just seems to run out. So we went out there, also taking some .22 pistols and a 9mm. I took 100 rounds of FMJ .45 ACP, 50 were Blazer Brass, 50 were PMC Brass cased. Out of the 100 rounds, there were 2 FTE's, both using the magazine with the grip extension. My father had one, and I had one, and it was also split with one happening with each type of ammo. I wasn't keeping track of what round in the magazine it was. So that was slightly disappointing. I don't know how many rounds it had through it before I bought it, but it had been shot before.

I am pretty sure it is the magazine, the other one had no issues, so, I believe it is the magazine, not the gun. I am not going to be able to get enough rounds through it while on leave to make it carry ready, nor do I have a holster for it. So I will probably be contacting High Noon again to remedy the lack of a holster, and start looking for a few more magazines for it, since it just came with two. Overall, I was impressed, I shot it better than the other Glocks I have shot, not quite as well as I shoot my 1911's. But I haven't had the practice with it either. I was getting a good feel for the trigger reset that helped with quick follow ups and double taps. It certainly is accurate enough for SD work, now I just need to get the reliability issue resolved, and I will consider carrying it sometime.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Congrats on the 36 I do enjoy mine. I recently came from the other direction, owning several Glocks and finally picking up a 1911.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links