Anyone seen or read up on the new Sig P250?

This is a discussion on Anyone seen or read up on the new Sig P250? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's nic-named the 2SUM, because it comes with 2 guns in one. You get 2 grip shells 2 slides and one serial numbered interchangeable firing ...

Thread: Anyone seen or read up on the new Sig P250?

It's nic-named the 2SUM, because it comes with 2 guns in one. You get 2 grip shells 2 slides and one serial numbered interchangeable firing mechanism. Looks pretty sharp to me. Retail on the 2SUM is set at $945. Buying each individual P250, the compact and the full-size each with their own firing mechanism would cost you $640 per gun. Buying the 2SUM gives you a $335 savings.

I am not going to change from my new loved P C II but this looks sharp, I'm surprised of all the sig fan-boy's nobody has brought it up.

Because that's really old news.
    Glock Certified Armorer

here in KY P250s are selling for under $400.

+1 DocGlock

Not sure of the P250...

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of SIG...but the pre-2005 P-series of pistols is where it is at....better quality of gun, fewer plastic/MIM parts, but above all, better quality control. I think the jury is still out on the P250...waiting to see how they hold up over time. SIGARMs (the U.S. subsidiary of SIGSAUER) perspective seems to have been....get an 80% solution and get it to market, and we'll fix the 20% later on. Again, IMO, SIG customer service has taken a nosedive since the new leadership (brought over from Kimber) took hold in 2005.

Just because there are SIG fan boys, doesn't mean they don't discriminate against quality.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ...SIGARMs (the U.S. subsidiary of SIGSAUER) perspective seems to have been....get an 80% solution and get it to market, and we'll fix the 20% later on...
    As is true for S&W M&P (mag drop & sear bounce problems), Glock gen 4s (G22s were awful when they came out) Ruger (LCP recall), Beretta PX4 (trigger sting with .40 cals - still don't have that resolved), Walther (PPK and PPK/S recall), Ruger SR( (recall), Colt (recall) Sig 238 (mandatory recall).

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ...Again, IMO, SIG customer service has taken a nosedive since the new leadership (brought over from Kimber) took hold in 2005.
    I think you've confused QC with CS. Every P250 that's had to be sent to Sig for updates, Sig has paid for shipping both ways. When my P250c 9mm had the known extractor problem, I sent it to Sig on Dec 14 and got it back on Dec 24 and they had replaced the extractor, replaced the safety lever, replaced the trigger bar, and replaced the hammer. That may not be good QC, but it is for sure good customer service. 10 days from send-fix/update-recieve - and didn't cost me a cent.

I've run 400 rounds through my P250 since without a single issue of any kind.

Also according to Mas Ayoob, very large west coast agency torture tested the P250 and in Massad's words, "...passed in flying colors..."

It appears what Sig is doing is now fixing problems on guns that got out before all the mods were in. Probably as we speak, all guns coming from the factory are updated. But if one pops up that isn't, Sig will pay for shipping both ways and fix the problem in a short period of time.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    They sold up here for a bit, but no one could get the other components which made the main selling feature of this gun pointless. I prefer the 2022 because I like DA/SA triggers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    They sold up here for a bit, but no one could get the other components which made the main selling feature of this gun pointless. I prefer the 2022 because I like DA/SA triggers.

^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

I think overall its a much better weapon.

For the money, I think I would throw mine at the FN Herstal Fnp

'Because that's all the ammunition we had.' Polk Co. Fla. Sheriff Grady Judd
    When asked why they shot a BG so many times
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I can't say enough good things about my P250s in 9mm, out of approx 4000 rounds I've had one malfunction. I do have the 2sum as well and I really like the system as well. My only issue is with the sub compact grip is smaller in diameter then the full size. If you are looking for a good gun that you can swap out parts with the P250 isn't a bad choice at all.

From what I hear it's not really like a Sig at all, except the name. It's more like a Glock, Springfield, M&P.

With that said I'm sure it's fine and worth the money. It's just not something I would expect to hold Sig value like the older models.

But what do I know, I like Kel-tec's. I just don't expect them to work 30 years later.
    Mossberg 590a1 12g 20" 8+1 Spedfeeder, modified Limbsaver butt.<>Glock G30 45 auto<>Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox
    <>Smith & Wession 360 357mag<>Marlin 60ss, Bushnell 3-9 scope<>Kel-Tec Sub2k 9mm Glock mags, quick release red dot sight<>
    All I need Is a Sig 226 .40. And .556 tactical carbine of some sort.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sclewis12 View Post
    From what I hear it's not really like a Sig at all, except the name. It's more like a Glock, Springfield, M&P.
    Not sure what you mean. The Glock, Springfield, M&Ps are all striker fired. The P250 is hammer fired. The only thing the P250 has in common with the Glock, Springfield, M&Ps is the polymer frame.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Sponsored Links