Only have $300

This is a discussion on Only have $300 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by itschuck 1000 rounds for 179 bucks at centerfire systems Thats all good and well, but lets not forget the guy only has ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Only have $300

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itschuck View Post
    1000 rounds for 179 bucks at centerfire systems
    Thats all good and well, but lets not forget the guy only has 300.00 for a gun. It may be nice to buy a box of 50 for 10.00 at walmart to wet the old whistle.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Remember it will be a "truck" gun which I assume is something he can lock up in his vehicle and not have to worry too much about it. The ammunition cost isn't going to matter that much since it will probably remain in the truck instead of the range.

There are many good choices out there but if it has to be stainless it really limits those choices. To be honest it won't matter that much because stainless firearms require maintenance also. Not everything is stainless in them such as the springs, pins and the like.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

What about a Bersa Thunder series? I do not own one personally, but hear good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Thats all good and well, but lets not forget the guy only has 300.00 for a gun. It may be nice to buy a box of 50 for 10.00 at walmart to wet the old whistle.
    For that, he could get a Mak and 500 rounds, and get that whistle good and wet.

I'm just (as you say) sayin'.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    For that, he could get a Mak and 500 rounds, and get that whistle good and wet.

I'm just (as you say) sayin'.
    I have seen a lot of dancing in my day and this is no different. It's not a common round. There are better options available in the 300.00 category. Why not shoot a regular 9mm that you can get cheap ammo EVERYWHERE? Again..... just sayin.......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    A buddy of mine just picked up a W. German made SIG P6 for $230.00. Evidently the P6 (military/police version of P225)has been exclusive to the German LE until SIG recently did an exchange with the Polezi for a new platform. I will have my eyes open for one of these. I have always wanted a SIG just never followed through.
    At this late date, it is very doubtful that one can still find these Sig P6's for under $300 At best, you still might be able to find them used for about $400, or a little under.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Bersa thunder Compact stainless can be found for right around the $300 mark on Guns America, Gun Broker and you should put in a notice at Bud's Gun Shop to email you when they get some in stock. It has a safety but you can leave it off; first round is double action and as safe as any DAO revolver; single action after that.

If you must get under $300; keep looking on the main internet sights for a use one, or...

The Sigma
    Charter or Rossi as other's have pointed out.

Also, I'd really recommend you scour the main sights for deals on used guns. If it has some scratches or dings it doesn't matter for a truck gun.

Gideon

I recently saw a LIKE NEW Ruger KP90 (Stainless, 45 ACP and DEPENDABLE) at a show, asking price was $300, so I assume it could have been had slightly cheaper. It had a manual safety though. Look at it this way, it would provide more weight for your pickup in the snow! LOL

Seriously, any of the Ruger P series guns, they are common as dirt, reliable, and usually can be had in the $300 range. Available with manual/decocker safety, Decocker only, and a few DAO. They are just BIG, homely and somewhat heavy.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    At this late date, it is very doubtful that one can still find these Sig P6's for under $300 At best, you still might be able to find them used for about $400, or a little under.

Yeah, After a little research I realized that "Recently" was more like 3 years ago. Though he just bought his last week for $230 so they are still out there.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links