tyler t-grip

This is a discussion on tyler t-grip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; does anyone else use a t-grip on their revolver? i have been very pleased with it on my model 36. it helps with the small ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tyler t-grip

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar

Question tyler t-grip

does anyone else use a t-grip on their revolver? i have been very pleased with it on my model 36. it helps with the small grips and i also think it makes me more accurate even with single action fire. and it looks cool! very retro.

is there any downside to this thing? anyone had any problems??
    thanks, God Bless and happy new year. I hope it is better than the last one.
    CSG
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

2. Remove Ads

I've been trying T-Grips on 3 revolvers for nearly two years and have decided that they are staying put. I much prefer them to any rubber grip. They do look retro but they uglify the revolvers in my opinion. No matter, they work.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Used one many years ago on a model 65. Liked them never had a problem with them,
    Craig S. Flaherty
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

T-grip on airwieght

My little 637 was a handfull with +p until I put the T-grip on.
    Attached Images

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like them, and think they are much more appealing than ugly rubber grips.

I can't imagine NOT using one with my Barami grips.

Got one on my S&W Model 36. Been on there for about 10 years. It's never coming off.
    Question Everything!

Alternative to T grip

If your J frame has the original S&W slender wood grips and you want to use them, the T grip makes a lot of sense and fills in the space between grip and trigger guard. I have three J frame revolvers which all came with the original S&W slender grip and I have installed Altamont dymondwood boot grips for use and retired the original grips in case I ever sell the guns. The boot grips give the same essential contour as the T grip in a one piece wood grip, which I find more attractive.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Cool

T-grips are really "Old School" but they are as up to date as anything for getting that little extra width from the front of the grip without going to boot grips. I used them years ago on my j-frames and loved them. Now I use those "ugly rubber grips". LOL

P19170917.jpg S&W 638

P18174701.jpg Ruger SP-101
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I like the small old school wooden grips with nothing else. It allows me to get my hand up higher and closer to the bore axis. The boot grips and the t-grip roll up under the front strap to the back of the trigger guard. This puts my hand lower on the grip. I guess I just like the small wooden grips because that's what I got used to...anything else just feels weird. I think they look cool though!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

los
    I've got huge, bohemoth, sasquatch-like meat hooks ,.. so the T-Grip definitely help me acquire a firmer grip, which enhanced accurary and made it more pleasant to fire.

My ex-Model 40...
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Cool

los,

Now that is a really pretty lemon sqeezer.........
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I like the way they look,I also think they provide the best grip for pocket carrying a J frame.
    They are smooth,and more slender than any boot grip, which helps concealability and ease of draw,yet they provide great control.

VIP Member
    I really like the looks but my 3 main carry pieces have Crimson Trace grips so I can't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like them, and think they are much more appealing than ugly rubber grips.

I can't say that I really think the T-Grip adds to the appearance of a revolver but I can abide them. I gotta agree with you that the rubber grips are an offense to the eye. I really, really like shooting three revolvers with the T-Grip installed.

This Model 642 came factory fitted with the factory Uncle Mikes boot grip. It did make the revolver more manageable than the older style factory thin walnut panels but provided bulk and "cling-iness" that I didn't care for in pocket use. The walnut panels with the T-Grip give better control and don't cling to fabric. Nothing better!

The Colt Detective Special ain't half bad as it came from the factory but the T-Grip makes a good thing even better, lending itself to increased control when rolling a cylinder-full through the revolver rapid fire.

The Smith & Wesson Model 10 has been a constant companion since the mid 1970s and I know it inside and out. Because I didn't care for the appearance of the T-Grip I avoided them for so many years, a mistake on my part. I have large hands. Years ago I tried a set of Smith & Wesson factory target K-frame grips (stocks in proper factory parlance) on the gun but wasn't completely happy with them because they added bulk to what otherwise is a surprisingly trim revolver that is capable of quite a few concealed carry applications. So, I put the originals back on it and went with them for many years. The more recent addition of the T-Grip was a boon to my shooting and increased the enjoyment of using the revolver.

The original holster I purchased for the Model 10 has seen a lot of field use. It's been a jillion miles on hunting, fishing, and hiking trips. It is a Smith & Wesson brand holster from a line they distributed in the mid-1970s. They were inexpensive, not very attractive, and didn't provide the best fit in the world but were made of sturdy leather. Seems like it cost $7 and some change brand new. I guess I got my money's worth. Early in 2010 the retention strap finally gave way. I continued to use it some but finally retired it. My brother-in-law found me a vintage Smith & Wesson holster for a Christmas present because he couldn't hardly imagine seeing me without the combination glued to my hip when outdoors.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links