New love for my Glock 27

New love for my Glock 27

This is a discussion on New love for my Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have re fallen in love with my Glock 27 as of late. I was having problems shooting good groups with it using the Glock ...

Thread: New love for my Glock 27

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

New love for my Glock 27

I have re fallen in love with my Glock 27 as of late. I was having problems shooting good groups with it using the Glock factory sights. I recently came across some Glock OEM night sights for it and installed them the other day. These things made all the difference in the world as for accuracy. First shot at 15 yards was perfect right through the paper targets teeth using my 180gr gold dots. Now its off to buy a Glock 23 once my NC permits come though on Tuesday, I got a line on one for $398 new with night sights. Oh the joys of the LEO / MIL discount.

The G27 is a great little gun, I EDC a 23, and cant wait to get a 27. I sold my first one and wish I hadnt.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love the Glock 23 I have. Due to the recent issues with flying with a gun and that a good friend has his 1911 stolen out of his luggage I left it locked up at my parents house so I don't have to fly with my carry weapon anymore. Once my new permits come though I'm going to pick up another one.

I started my official CCW days with the G27 actually. Been down a few roads, and it's still at the top of my list! Best package for me in many ways. I like Glocks and I like the .40cal.
    IMO...some times the aftermarket sights will improve the 'look' and feel. I hit better with the Meprolights than the factory supplied sights. I've always changed out my Glock factory sights with NS and I've know for a while that the simple change works better for me in full daylight, low light conditions, and in competition as well. The Glock factory night sights are on par with or above what you can expect from aftermarket sights IMO. I like my G23 as well. IMO...order your new Glock with factory night sights and you won't be disappointed. All of my Glocks sport aftermarket or OEM night sights and they do make a difference for me over the generic plastic sights. Last time I bought one new was the G19 and I kept the factory sights on it as long as I would allow (all of two weeks and three trips to the range) before I knew hey had to be replaced. Last time I've judged an LEO by what they carried was due to the fact that their Glock still sported the factory plastic sights. I recommend getting the OEM night sights with your pistol order. It will cost you less in the long run and the benefits will pay off shortly. I'd say that 50% of my Glocks have been purchased with the factory sights and then subsequently amended with aftermarket NS. Trijicons, Meprolights, and Glock OEM work better for me than the factory standards. Everyone is different, but I've been dealing with Glocks for a while now and know what works for me

Nice weapon that was my first Semi/Glock some 17 years ago and with many many rounds threw it I can say that it has never had a hiccup. So is that a three dot set up ? or like the oem white
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Nice weapon that was my first Semi/Glock some 17 years ago and with many many rounds threw it I can say that it has never had a hiccup. So is that a three dot set up ? or like the oem white
    They are the 3 dot

Sponsored Links