Should I???

This is a discussion on Should I??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about putting in an order for a new full size 1911. I have a colt or two , but I am thinking ...

Thread: Should I???

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Should I???

I am thinking about putting in an order for a new full size 1911. I have a colt or two , but I am thinking about adding a full size Kimber. I have my eye on an Eclipse custom 10MM with some black pearl grips. I don't know anything about this gun except for what I can find on kimber's web sight. If anyone has any insight on this weapon I would appriciate it before I order one. I just love the 10mm and can't think of a better platform for one.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Black pearl grips? How elegant. I'll have to Google that for some eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Black pearl grips? How elegant. I'll have to Google that for some eye candy.
    I have been looking at grips that will match for a couple days and the black pearl with the gloss black stainless I think would look completely smooth and awesome!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Buy it!!!! I will never disuade someone from making another gun purchase...I just can't do it.

Sounds sweet. Can't wait to see it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

While I don't personally like kimber myself, there's many folks who feel they are great and reliable weapons. If you like it go for it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

1911 in 10mm

I don't have specific knowledge of the Kimber you describe, but I am a fan of 1911s in the 10mm caliber. I've had a Colt Delta Gold Cup for about 12 years, and shoot it every several months. It has a 4 pound trigger and shoots very well, being reliable and accurate. The main challenge is keeping a supply of 10mm target ammo, which I order from Georgia Arms.

Colt is still making the 10mm Delta Elite, by the way:

Colt Delta Elite web page

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Go for it! Nothing wrong with another 1911 in your collection and Kimber pistols are amazing...pull the trigger!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Thanks for the input. I am gonna put the order in this week. I am figuring they should be availible around May, June

VIP Member
    I have owned three Kimbers and only had issues with one of them. They are okay, but I won't buy another. For the same money I can have a Colt instead of a Mimber. Sorry as I have been shown the light and readily admit that some of our forum members who are 1911 guys clearly said "I told you so! LOL"
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Nice pistol, big holes, why of course you should do it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Buy it!!!! I will never disuade someone from making another gun purchase...I just can't do it.

Sounds sweet. Can't wait to see it.
    +1

How could you turn down Black Pearl Grips ? I could not turn down Coco Bolo..

P01093448.jpgP01093655.jpg 10mm minus 1mm
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    I would throw Dan Wesson into the mix if your spending money on a Kimber.

Behind every successful man there is a woman, behind every unsuccessful man there are two.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Well, I still have those thin smooth black Corian style grips from my previous Springfield project. They looked really sharp on the full stainless custom. Anyway, good luck on that purchase fever.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links