wife takes my S&W model 60 357

This is a discussion on wife takes my S&W model 60 357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife and I go to our lgs Dec 24 and were looking at revolvers. She carries a 642 and loves it. So I talked ...

Thread: wife takes my S&W model 60 357

The wife and I go to our lgs Dec 24 and were looking at revolvers. She carries a 642 and loves it. So I talked her into letting me buy a used model 60=10 3" that looked like new. She told me I better carry it and not just leave it in the safe. Well this week she informs me that she wants it and it's hers not mine. Maybe I should get her a box of 357s to shoot in it instead of 38s and hope that she doesn't like it. On second thought I think I'll just let her keep it and that will give me an excuse to buy something else. It looks like this is the only disadvantage to having a wife that is into guns.

From an online review of this gun:

The first time I dropped cartridges into the cylinder, generic range ammunition I had never even heard of before, I knew it would fire. I bought some generic range stuff and a couple boxes of premium self defense feed – different bullet shapes, charges, even different case lengths – in .38 Special, .38 Special +p, and .357 Magnum, and it all fired without a single failure of any kind. I didn’t have to worry about bullet shapes or magazines that the gun didn’t like. There was no “break-in” period. No doubt, no concern, no need to run 200 rounds through the gun to make sure it worked… behold the beauty of the revolver
    That's just how it is.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    From an online review of this gun:

That's just how it is.
    I like that quote!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by mj40p View Post
    It looks like this is the only disadvantage to having a wife that is into guns.
    You're looking at the negative side. Look at the bright side. That means she likes them too and you can buy more. Some guys don't have that luxury and have to sneak a new purchase past the wife, or get the approval to purchase one.

My wife (Pink Lady) likes them too. Therefore I (or... "we") get to buy all we can afford. I have a couple that are more or less "mine" and she has one the is "hers", but for the most part, all the rest of the guns are "ours".

Why can't you "both" carry it. She has a 642 you said. Well, carry that when she carries the 60, or carry the 60 when she carries the 642.
    Tell her it's "our" gun, not yours or mine. "Lets buy one of these (fill in the blank with make model)"
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Most men forget to read the fine print on the marriage certificate, which states:

"What is hers, is hers ... what is yours, is now hers."

A wife that shares your love of firearms? I can think of a lot worse.

-Seawolf
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDPA Member & RSO, KSRA Life Member, NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor & RSO, KS CCH Instructor (www.thekasdg.com)

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    You're looking at the negative side. Look at the bright side. That means she likes them too and you can buy more. Some guys don't have that luxury and have to sneak a new purchase past the wife, or get the approval to purchase one.

My wife (Pink Lady) likes them too. Therefore I (or... "we") get to buy all we can afford. I have a couple that are more or less "mine" and she has one the is "hers", but for the most part, all the rest of the guns are "ours".

Why can't you "both" carry it. She has a 642 you said. Well, carry that when she carries the 60, or carry the 60 when she carries the 642.
    Tell her it's "our" gun, not yours or mine. "Lets buy one of these (fill in the blank with make model)"
    I was just kidding about the disadvantage part. I really wanted It for her anyway. I have plenty to carry, my latest is a S&W SD9. She doesn't like it she thinks the recoil is to much compaired to her 642. I think that the 642 fits her hand better and she has more control over it than the SD9.

lost many good carry guns to the wife. buy a new small gun, go to range with wife, she shoots new gun, get back home it is gun change out time. so i end up with her old gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I can think of LOTS of things worse than a wife who likes your guns. Consider it a special blessing from God.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; January 2nd, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So go out and buy yourself a Ruger SP101 and call it even.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    So go out and buy yourself a Ruger SP101 and call it even.
    Excellent recommendation... You can BOTH be winners.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mj40p View Post
    Well this week she informs me that she wants it and it's hers not mine.
    "Lost" a premo Winchester M-1 Carbine the same way. But as said worse things can happen.

VIP Member
    I agree on the SP101 comment. If I didn't have so many other irons in the fire I'd have one myself.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Sponsored Links