The Ruger LC9 - Page 2

The Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on The Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking forward to this, i bet the trigger is much better than the rest and it is not a taurii, kahr, or keltec. ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Ruger LC9

I am looking forward to this, i bet the trigger is much better than the rest and it is not a taurii, kahr, or keltec. Could be a winner if it is anything close to the LCR in terms of quality and shootability

Nice looking pistol. I wouldn't say I need to own one, but I like it's picture anyway.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Nice looking pistol. I wouldn't say I need to own one, but I like it's picture anyway.
    That's where I am. I'm not gonna ditch the PF9 over this, but I'm hoping it proves to be a good alternative for folks.

Oh NO!

It has BOTH an internal lock AND a manual thumb safety. NO GO for me.

From the Ruger site: "SAFETY FEATURES include internal lock, manual safety and patented loaded chamber indicator which provides visual
    and tactile indication that chamber is loaded."

Glockin' on...
    Last edited by 10thmtn; January 3rd, 2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added info
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Yeah see now that figures. I bought a keltec p11 two months ago

Depending on the initial reports I'll almost certainly pick one up, after the recall ;)

I'll pick one up in a few months. Looks to be a great CCW option and my LCP and SR9c will still have their places in my carry routine.

This should sell very well and when people knock Ruger for copying Kel Tec or imitating Taurus who cares? We all know that even if they're similar to those makers, Ruger will do it better for a little bit more money. That's confidence in quality for an EDC.

If Glock had released a single stack pocketable 9mm the Glockophiles wouldn't be able to stop foaming at the mouth!

This gun will make Ruger a lot of money.

This may fill in a price point between the relatively cheap PF9 and the significantly more expensive PM9. I think it'll sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I'll pick one up in a few months. Looks to be a great CCW option and my LCP and SR9c will still have their places in my carry routine.

This should sell very well and when people knock Ruger for copying Kel Tec or imitating Taurus who cares? We all know that even if they're similar to those makers, Ruger will do it better for a little bit more money. That's confidence in quality for an EDC.

If Glock had released a single stack pocketable 9mm the Glockophiles wouldn't be able to stop foaming at the mouth!

This gun will make Ruger a lot of money.
    I don't think anyone wants to imitate Taurus unless they want to go out of business.

Mag disconnect.....fooey!

Safety on right side only, I am a lefty so, where does this put me? Ignore the safety and hope if never gets switched ON ?

Ruger, please listen.....could you have not made the gun 1/2" shorter and 1/2" less tall? Then, it would have been a true "pocket pistol". This model will not fit into your back pocket and will be pretty hefty in your front pocket.

Still waiting for someone to make an affordable "pocket 9".

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I'll stick to my CW9... at least it's an all original design and worked 100% out of the box.

That actually looks pretty cool. I might be eying this one pretty closely over the next year...

It looks good, agree it could of been a little shorter wonder if they'll come out with a stainless steel slide ?

COMPACT, the LC9 is just slightly larger (less than 1" in both height and length) than the popular LCP.

the LC9, a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol for discreet carry by law abiding citizens, or a full-power, no-compromise backup for off-duty law enforcement officers.

This highly requested pistol was developed through Ruger’s Voice of the Customer program and incorporates the features and rugged reliability desired by Ruger customers.

The LC9 has a 3.12″ barrel, is 6.0″ long and 4.5″ tall, making for a very compact 9mm pistol. The LC9 is impressively narrow at a mere .90″ wide, and weighs only 17.1 ounces with an empty magazine.

Featuring a black polymer (glass-filled nylon) frame and blued alloy steel slide and barrel, the lightweight, full-featured Ruger LC9 offers the versatility and capability of the popular 9mm cartridge in a highly compact, reliable, and user-friendly pistol.

“On the heels of the overwhelming and on-going success of the LCP®, customers repeatedly requested a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol. Frankly, they wanted an LCP chambered in 9mm” said Ruger CEO Michael Fifer. “Delivering an American-made, compact 9mm that provides the same legendary Ruger reliability as the award-winning LCP, LCR and SR9 became our focus. Meeting customer expectations is our goal and key to Ruger’s continuing success,” Fifer continued.
    LC9 Information

The LC9 is a double-action-only, hammer-fired, locked-breech pistol with a smooth trigger pull. Control and confident handling of the Ruger LC9 are accomplished through reduced recoil and aggressive frame checkering for a positive grip in all conditions. The Ruger LC9 features smooth “melted” edges for ease of holstering, carrying and drawing.

One seven-round, single-column magazine is provided with each LC9 pistol. The magazine’s standard flat floorplate aids concealability, while the provided finger grip extension floorplate offers an option to shooters who prefer a longer grip surface with more hand-to-pistol contact.

Seven-round magazines, holsters and other accessories are available for purchase at ShopRuger.com.

The wider rear aperture of the dovetailed, low-profile, two-dot rear sight aids quick acquisition of the single-dot, dovetailed front sight. This high-visibility, three-dot sight system provides fast, positive sight alignment.

The slide locks open on an empty magazine and the external slide stop is easy to reach and manipulate for positive firearm functioning. A single-sided manual safety and a magazine disconnect are additional features of the Ruger LC9. A California-approved loaded chamber indicator allows for immediate visual and tactile confirmation that the chamber is loaded. A pivoting external extractor provides reliable extraction of the 9mm cases.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Exclamation LC9 Specs

Ruger LC9

Barrel Length: 3.12"
    Over All Length: 6.00"
    Height: 4.50"
    Width: 0.90"
    Capacity: 7+1
    Weight: 17.10 oz.

Sights: Adjustable 3-Dot
    Grip Frame: Black, High Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
    Slide Material: Through-Hardened Alloy Steel
    Slide Finish: Blued
    Barrel Material: Alloy Steel
    Barrel Finish: Blued
    Twist: 1:10" RH
    Grooves: 6

MA Approved & Certified: No
    CA Approved: No

Suggested Retail: $443.00
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

You all see this?
    Last edited by zero; January 3rd, 2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Looks great, but I already have a PM9 and no reason to look any further.
    - Same here. I was hoping the LC9 would be even closer to the PM9 in size and weight. Although it is good to have competition on the market. It would also be nice to know if the LC9 was rated for +P ammunition. The LCP wasn't.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links