The Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on The Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is probably the smallest I would really want to go shooting a +P 9mm round anyway...my PPS was comfortable to shoot. I'm leaning more ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Ruger LC9

This is probably the smallest I would really want to go shooting a +P 9mm round anyway...my PPS was comfortable to shoot. I'm leaning more towards this due to the price over the Sig as well. May even try standard pressure, lighter bullets, "Reduced recoil" rounds to see if my accuracy would increase if anyone has any suggestions?

I might as well just go a head and order one of these honestly...

Only gripes are the Mag Safety and Manual Safety which really aren't that big a deal to me.
    Last edited by Foo909; January 5th, 2011 at 04:17 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I think it'll sell well but I think it's a very unfortunate set of choices they made. There's enough wrong with it that I would never carry one for CC. I don't understand why more people aren't upset by the mag disconnect?

Gideon
    I'm a big fan of Ruger - I have (and have had) more Rugers than any other brand of firearm. That said, I agree with you - the mag disconnect, the thumb safety, and the internal lock are all deal-killers to me.

Three strikes - this one is out of contention, for me.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've had a couple days to read about and view the new Ruger. It offers nothing that betters my Kahr P9 and in a few ways is less desireable, ie; manual safety, lock, etc. I'll wait for the Sig, but it looks like a similar case, only heavier. I do desire a hammer, but so far the P9 has the most of what I want in a CCW.

Manual safety?!?!!?! Damn, I really wanted to consider this pistol.......there goes that.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Anybody seen anything official on whether it's +P rated? Can't find anything on Ruger site?

About time,I'll have to have one.Look I know Ruger had trouble with the LCP and others,but Ruger has a GREAT track record of taking care of customers.Now if Ruger would make a GP 100 in 44 Special...I can't wait to have a LC9 in my hands...Stay Safe...J.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan45acp View Post
    About time,I'll have to have one.Look I know Ruger had trouble with the LCP and others,but Ruger has a GREAT track record of taking care of customers.Now if Ruger would make a GP 100 in 44 Special...I can't wait to have a LC9 in my hands...Stay Safe...J.H.
    They do.

It's called the Redhawk with a 4" barrel and the Super Redhawk Alaskan if you want a 2.5" barrel.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    They do.

It's called the Redhawk with a 4" barrel and the Super Redhawk Alaskan if you want a 2.5" barrel.
    Nope..44 Special not a mag.Ruger makes a Black Hawk in 44 Special..anyway..Stay Safe..J.H.

why in the world are you all complaining about the safety... You don't have to use it..... I would only use it for pocket carry or putting back in the holster.

steve

i will be be getting one i dont like the .380 as a bug so i have a kel-tec p-11 for a bug and realy think the lc9 will be a much better gun tham the p-11

Quote Originally Posted by Fan45acp View Post
    Nope..44 Special not a mag.Ruger makes a Black Hawk in 44 Special..anyway..Stay Safe..J.H.
    Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never owned a .44 cal gun, but like the .357 mag shoots all .38 special rounds, doesn't the .44 mag shoot the .44 special rounds as well?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Looks great, but I already have a PM9 and no reason to look any further.
    I agree.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Only gripes are the Mag Safety and Manual Safety which really aren't that big a deal to me.
    They were probably both added to help the handgun qualify for sale in California. The state of California is very safety conscious when it comes to handguns.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9c4me View Post
    Buds is showing them as "out of stock- last price was 341.00"
    Wow, at $341, Ruger would indeed sell a ton of them.

I wonder if the LC9 might get targeted by the Anti-gun lobby and be labelled a "Saturday Night Special" ?? They will absolutely hate this gun.

It certainly fills a hole in the Ruger product line, right in between the LCP, and the SR9c in size.

The loaded chamber indicator is downright butt ugly, however. This is probably another thing done to satisfy the safety bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never owned a .44 cal gun, but like the .357 mag shoots all .38 special rounds, doesn't the .44 mag shoot the .44 special rounds as well?
    Yes it does. Look at a Black Hawk and compare it with a Super Black Hawk.The Chamber and Frame are larger on the SBH.I would like a 44 special on a GP 100 sized (smaller) frame .If you would compare a Red Hawk to a GP 100 you can see what I'm trying to explain..Stay Safe..J.H.
    I'll proably buy a Black Hawk in 44 Special.It's made with what looks like the Old Flat Top Frame...NICE.. :)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links