The Ruger LC9 - Page 7

The Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on The Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bark'n LOL, I'm not saying that's my reason for not buying. Yeah, I don't own one... But I may someday! That likely ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Ruger LC9

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    LOL, I'm not saying that's my reason for not buying. Yeah, I don't own one... But I may someday! That likely won't be my determining factor. However, many people here have stated that is their reason for not owning one.
    To each their own. I really like mine.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    To each their own. I really like mine.
    Exactly... Don't you just love America? You can do what you want!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

BTW - Crimson Trace already has a laser for it! From "The Tactical Wire" newsletter:
    The reason for this is two fold:

First, the same Laserguard design that is used for other small handguns like the Ruger LCP and Kahr pistols can be easily adapted to work on the Ruger LC9. So very little R&D was required, other than to adapt to the dimensions of the LC9.

Secondly, Crimson Trace knows that Ruger will sell a ton of these pistols.

So combine these factors that just a small R&D budget is needed to adapted an existing LaserGuard product to the gun, plus Ruger selling a lot of them, adds up to bring good profit margins for Crimson Trace.

This gun was basically a no-brainer for Crimson Trace to support.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    .................................Secondly, Crimson Trace knows that Ruger will sell a ton of these pistols......................

My opinion is that Ruger may not sell as much of these in the beginning as they planned, as there are many other choices of small and slim 9mm guns out there right now at the same price point as the LC9 such as the Taurus PT709, Keltec PF9, etc. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    My opinion is that Ruger may not sell as much of these in the beginning as they planned, as there are many other choices of small and slim 9mm guns out there right now at the same price point as the LC9 such as the Taurus PT709, Keltec PF9, etc. God Bless
    I'm proably going to get flamed but here I go...I was really waiting for Ruger to come out with their version of the Keltec PF9...Flame on! ..Stay Safe..J.H.
    Last edited by Fan45acp; January 8th, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan45acp View Post
    I'm proably going to get flamed but here I go...I was really waiting for Ruger to come out with thier version of the Keltec PF9...Flame on! ..Stay Safe..J.H.
    Off topic Hijack. Did you take your avatar pic near pier 39 in San Francisco?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I cant wait to get to handle one. If I like it I may get myself one for Christmas.

I love the sights on it. Like the looks except the safeties. what is the deal with ruger. Nothing now comes from them without half a dozen safeties. I don't want safeties on a SD gun. They are one more thing to get in the way when you don't have time to waste. I dont want to pull the trigger to find out that the safety had been bumped.

there are many other choices of small and slim 9mm guns out there right now at the same price point as the LC9 such as the Taurus PT709, Keltec PF9, etc.
    From the initial reviews we're seeing posted on YouTube, the LC9 looks to be a more comfortable shooter. Add in Ruger quality and that makes a good case for a buy.

I don't want safeties on a SD gun. They are one more thing to get in the way when you don't have time to waste.
    Very reasonable position. In fact, when I was thinking through the SR9c, the manual safety gave me serious pause. Could I learn to train through having one? How much risk does this so-called "feature" add to the platform? Is it possible that, in the heat of all the excitement of a real-life situation, that I'd be furiously yanking on the trigger and fighting against it?

Turns out to be pretty much a non-issue. Unless you're stupid or something, the safety should not be a factor. When you grab the weapon, your thumb is right there on it. Anytime you engage with the weapon, it's the first thing you do: check the condition of the safety. It practically becomes a fifth line in the Rules of Safe Handling.

Removal of the magazine disconnect safety is so trivial it hardly needs to be mentioned. We're talking maybe 3 minutes to have it out of the gun and gone, so that's a non-starter. If a 3-minute procedure is a problem, then there's no point in having a talk.

In preparation for my upcoming S&W snubbie purchase, I've got the nylon hammer, the gunsmith screwdrivers, and the ILS removal procedure. I know where to get the frame plug from the S&W forum and how to install it, and this will be maybe a 30-minute job. The Ruger mag disconnect safety procedure is so easy a 10-year-old could do it blindfolded faster than you could make a pot of coffee.

The other lock in the LC9 I don't know about, but I imagine it's either a non-issue (i.e., won't accidentally engage) or that deactivation instructions will be available shortly.

In any event, whatever weapon you choose to carry, training and practice is your lookout. Yesterday I picked up a manriki gusari, and believe me, this is something that, if you don't train with it, you could easily kill yourself with it. Nobody wants to be that bozo, so you put in the sweat equity needed to make your chosen platform something you can handle and use expertly. To do less is a failing of character.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

It is nice to see CT ready to supply a laser so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    LOL... but some people don't like Moonie Guns.
    - I don't know much about them other than some people classify them as a cult. That being said, I do own 3 Kahrs and would buy more in the future. They are made in the U.S.A. and they employ a good number of Americans. That's a definite plus in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I don't know much about them other than some people classify them as a cult. That being said, I do own 3 Kahrs and would buy more in the future. They are made in the U.S.A. and they employ a good number of Americans. That's a definite plus in my book.
    A cult? Hmmm...I agree....great way to put it. I own 2 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Off topic Hijack. Did you take your avatar pic near pier 39 in San Francisco?
    No that was in Galveston,Texas....Stay Safe..J.H.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    You are assuming here, however, that everyone is willing to trust their life to a Taurus or a KelTec.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    It is nice to see CT ready to supply a laser so soon.
    Just the opposite of what they have done for the Walther PPS. Over 3 1/2 years now, and still nothing for the PPS.

In contrast, all the Kahr pistols, KelTec PF9, and now this Ruger are all being supported by them.

No word yet from them on the upcoming Sig P290.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links