Glock 27c

Glock 27c

This is a discussion on Glock 27c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, this could be my first GLock...I am a 1911 guy. But I have a quad my son used to ride and outgrew...found a guy ...

Thread: Glock 27c

Glock 27c

Ok, this could be my first GLock...I am a 1911 guy. But I have a quad my son used to ride and outgrew...found a guy that is interested in trading a 27c for it (even trade)...money/value wise I have no issues.

Per his description he has had it for 10 years, bought it from a buddy that needed money and he is is not a "gun guy" so he rarely shot it. So in theory it is a barely shot gun. Compensated (the "C" in 27C).

My question is what if anything do I have to look out for with Glocks? and this one in particular.
    he is bringing over some 40 cal ammo so I can test fire it at my home range...but I know "crap" about Glocks so any advice is helpful.
    Thanks
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Make sure the gun isnt stolen first. If it is not, then as far as the gun itsself goes, with out the benefit of pics its hard to say as to condition wise. If it appears in good shape, I would say its good to go. There are very few things that can go wrong on the Glock.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    First of all, what kind of quad is it? I don't know if I would trade a quad for a 10 year old Glock 27.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Alachner, I understand your concern about the 10 yr old gun vs quad...but its a 40cc kids quad, taking up space in my barn. its an off brand but not a chinese import...BUT with all the imports driving the prices down on decent quads the market is dead...then throw in the small size and it fitting a 5 yr old that market is already small...and yes the "stolen" part is somewhat concerning.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Check serial # to see if it was recalled? I think it's the ones starting with E, but I'm not sure.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ditto on the check for being stolen. You never know about a gun bought from a friend of someone who needed money. Don't know anything about Glock "recalls" but a call to Glock with the model & S/N would take care of that.

Other than that, you can expect it to work.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

IDK that Glock made a "c" in the 27 model factory...I would look in to that first, may be a shade tree job
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links