Glock 30 or G30SF? - Page 2

Glock 30 or G30SF?

This is a discussion on Glock 30 or G30SF? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm 5 foot 7 and have freakishly small hands. My g30sf gives me no trouble whatsoever as far as gripping it. As far as concealment ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 30 or G30SF?

I'm 5 foot 7 and have freakishly small hands. My g30sf gives me no trouble whatsoever as far as gripping it. As far as concealment it is a bit thick, but I don't know if I'd want to give up the extra rounds in favor of a slimmer pistol. I'm not in the habit of carrying spare mags, so the 9+1 I carry in the G30sf will have to do.

That brings me to the one complaint about my g30sf. I can get 10 in the mag with the help of an uplula loader, but in 10+1 mode the gun is unreliable as everything is waaay to tight. When range-testing in 10+1 mode, I frequently experienced FTRB.

In 9+1 mode the gun is perfect and has never had a malfunction of any kind.

DHart, thanks for the pic, really nice!!
    I am trading my M&P 40C for A gen 3 Glock 30 tonite.Can't wait!!
    I believe its stock except for night sights. It will be with everyday!!!
    I take the Kimber out every now and then. Already have .45 ammo and
    a stoner iwb holster left over from my G19,it may fit the 30,if not have one
    on order from Don Hume.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

lordhamster... something is not right with your 30SF if you can't run with 10+1. Do you have more than 1 mag for the gun? Do you have this problem with all of the mags? I would start by fully loading all of your 30SF mags with 10 rounds and let them sit fully loaded for a week. Then empty them, reload with 10 and try again. If that doesn't do the trick, call Glock.

bikerboy... I have a 40C also and if the choice comes to carrying 10+1 of .45acp vs. 10+1 of .40, the G30 always wins out. The 40C is a nice gun with a very sculpted grip, but the G30 locks into my hand much more securely. If I was forced to give up the 40C or the G30, I'd be keeping the G30 for sure!
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Thumbs up

I'm sayin! I like the M&P but hands down it's the glock I always go back to.
    When this guy said I'll trade ....I'm there bro waiting!! Holster and box of ammo in the truck
    for the ride home. I'll be changing my signature later, LOL!!!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

I would say... and this is merely my opinion that you will not be disappointed by going with the SF model. I have found few who said the SF fit their hand worse than the standard. However, I have heard many say the SF ended up being just what they needed or were looking for. Just that slight amount of difference which made it perfect.

So, I think I would go with the SF and call it good. Of course it's always great if you get the opportunity to hold each of them for a side by side comparison if you can find both together in the same shop. A feat I have yet to accomplish where I live. I have yet to be able to hold a SF model in the stores I've been to.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have a G30. Fantastic firearm. Decided I wanted to get into 10mm so I call my funshop. They had a G29SF in stock so I went and checked it out.The difference is very subtle and the SF felt perfect so I bought it.. If there is any way you can try both, I'd do it. It's a subjective thing, as is so much with purchasing any firearm.

I have average hands I find both weapons fine. Either of them would work for me but I'm not that picky. I shoot both of them about the same. The G29SF is an awesome pistol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links