Glock 30 or G30SF?

This is a discussion on Glock 30 or G30SF? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have caried a G19 for about a year at one time and then switched to a compact 1911. I have the craving for another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 30 or G30SF?

Glock 30 or G30SF?

I have caried a G19 for about a year at one time and then switched to a compact 1911.
    I have the craving for another Glock,always liked them and always seem to go back for EDC piece.Keeping my Kimber though!! just love a glock for a everyday working carry where ever I go piece. And .45 is a great feeling to have.
    I carry IWB and looking hard at the G30. I have not been able to handle both G30's (SF & standard) to compare the grip. I have a med size hand and love the.45 cartridge and it's push not snappy recoil. So any G30 lovers out there, give a guy some help on choice even though it may be a personal pref. thing just some suggestions would be great.
    Going to Gun Show this wkend to buy a G30 and sell a S&W M&P .40C that I bought for resale.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

2. Remove Ads

I'm six foot and I would say my hands are "medium". I have the regular Glock 30 and it fits me perfectly.

Thanks for quick reply, If the grip is as wide as my old G19 then I'm good w/standard G30. Just not familiar w/the SF,thought I better ck it out 1ST.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

RKM
    The SF is probably closer feel to the G19. I can tell the difference holding them back to back. If you're concerned, I'd try to hold both back to back and see what you like better. Either way, you'll love the G30.

VIP Member
    No functional difference between the two. The only way you will know if the SF is better for you is to hold. I have largerish hands and do just fine with the standard, but I've had mine since before the choice was available.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

kpw
    For many, there isn't a lot of difference. For me, there was just enough difference to get me to buy one. I have large hands but the SF just felt that much better.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Cool

I have the chance to geta G30 today in a trade for my M&P .40 so I will know soon enough. I found glocks before the SF to be a good fit for me also. Thanks all for your info!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

VIP Member
    G30SF and G19 side by side. 6', medium hands, no probs.
    Attached Images
    thechriskarel likes this.

I have a G30 and a G29SF (same frame). The SF feels slightly better but for me it wouldn't be a deal breaker in either case. Grip size is so subjective you should try both. You'll might regret if if you don't.

Both are fine firearms.

A few months ago I purchased a G30SF. This was the first Glock that actually felt comfortable in my hand. This was also my first Glock purchase. I have large hands, but short fingers and the G30SF was a better fit for me. I don't feel like I am stretching to reach the trigger with the SF. I had the opportunity to hold both the G30 and the G30SF and the SF version just felt right in my hand. Very accurate gun, easy to control, and easy to conceal. I liked it so much I went last week and picked up a G23 to keep it company.

I held the SF and 30 Back to back at the store. I was able to work the mag release and slide stop, and have good trigger position with the SF. The reg 30 I had to reach a tiny bit to work the slide stop. I got the 30sf.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have what I'd call medium (maybe med-sm) hands and have a G30. I've held the SF version and honestly, if I were blindfolded and switching back and forth between the two, I couldn't tell the difference. The difference to me is too subtle. I had no problems holding the "larger" standard-sized G30 grip. Maybe for someone with small or large hands, but not to me.

Either will do a bang-up job for you.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i found the sf gave me a more relaxed and independant trigger finger...the grip is thicker than the g19 and the 3mm closer trigger makes it a bit more comfortable to make the reach to the trigger...from an overall size standpoint the gun has an almost identical profile to the g19...

I just came from local gun shop and held each gun.
    The standard G30 was just fine in my hand,no reach for the trigger finger just rested right on it no problem.
    The SF felt good too but the deal of the day for me is to pick up a G30 in a trade, just need to be sure it has
    not been abused. I'll change out guide rod/spring and a couple controls and have my gunsmith go through it.
    Seller told me it operates like every other glock,problem free. There is a small diff. in the SF which is it might
    conceal just a bit better but i concealed my G19 all last summer and it was fine.
    Thanks again for your suggestions and info, 2morrow nite I get to trade or not, I'll see the G30 in person.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Oh man... the G30 is such a fine defense gun. They shoot softly, reliably, accurately and have decent capacity (11-rounds) for caliber.

After having a G30 for a few years I decided to check out a G30SF and I didn't feel nearly enough difference to make me wish I had the SF instead. The standard G30 feels great to me! Get whichever one floats your boat... you won't regret having a G30 for a second.

Here's my Glock .45 Defense Team:

The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links