Which One?

Which One?

This is a discussion on Which One? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy all. I was thinking of buying a Colt Delta Elite or a Night Defender and wanted to get some opinions. The Night Defender would ...

Thread: Which One?

Which One?

Howdy all.

I was thinking of buying a Colt Delta Elite or a Night Defender and wanted to get some opinions.

The Night Defender would be used as a BUG to my Rail Gun. I already carry a J-Frame or a Glock 26 as a BUG, so I already have BUG. I like being able to use the primary gun's magazines in the BUG, but that's not an option with the Glock or the J-Frame obviously. I used to carry a .357 Magnum Revolver and then went to the Glock 19/26 combo. Now that I'm carrying a 1911 again I'm thinking of going to a small 1911 as a BUG.

I've always stuck with a 5" 1911, as I've had some reliability issues in the past with non-Colt 1911's with shorter barrels. Also, I'm concerned about the loss of velocity that the shorter 1911's give you. With all that said, I'm used to packing a J-Frame and find that to be an acceptable BUG.

On the other side of the equation is the Delta Elite. I handgun hunt with a .44 Magnum, but think the Delta Elite would make a good "wood's gun". I might be inclined to take a deer or hog if the shot presented itself. I've shot a few rounds of 10mm, in other platforms, and have to admit that I'm impressed with the caliber. I really wish the .41 Magnum Revolver had caught on, as I think it offers the best combination of power, bullet weight, penetration, and accuracy for a handheld firearm in a revolving platform.

So, with all that information, which one do you all think I should plunk my money down on? FWIW: I'm getting in to reloading, so I will have the ability to reload the 10mm so that I can send ammo downrange. Right now my focus, reloadingwise is the .45 ACP, for obvious reasons. I'm carrying a non-railed 1911, railed 1911, or a Hi Power in .40 S&W as my primary carry gun on most days. I'm giving all this information so that you all may take that in to consideration. I look forward to your replies and I thank you in advance for your help.

Biker

VIP Member
    I shoot a buddies 1911 in 10mm frequently and it shoots great. It would be mine but he won't let it go. IMO the 1911/10mm combo is a winner.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

kpw
    I say Delta Elite...just cause I want one too!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    I’ll throw in a vote for the Delta Elite also plus the dies for 40S&W can be used to load the 10MM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    It sounds like you got a bug, a COLT bug!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Why be common man? Hell, go for the power and get the DE. You know that's what you really want anyway.

Sponsored Links