Shooting the New Ruger LC9 (vid)

This is a discussion on Shooting the New Ruger LC9 (vid) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRpnUtzV5g...

Thread: Shooting the New Ruger LC9 (vid)

I'm intrigued. Looked a little bigger in his hands than I expected... That was one interesting beard that guy had.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    I'm intrigued. Looked a little bigger in his hands than I expected... That was one interesting beard that guy had.
    caliber---9mm
    length---6.00"
    barrel length---3.12"
    width---0.90"
    height---4.50"
    weight 17.10oz.
    suggested retail---$443.00

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    caliber---9mm
    length---6.00"
    barrel length---3.12"
    width---0.90"
    height---4.50"
    weight 17.10oz.
    suggested retail---$443.00
    Even with those written specs, it still looked bigger than expected
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

In his hands just holding it to display it looks huge. He obviously does not have small hands. When hes shotting it looks very much like a PF-9.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Going to the gun show in Richmond this weekend. Hopefully someone there will have one to check out.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In some of the photos and videos I've seen of the new LC9 it does look like it may be a bit larger than hoped for. I have really wanted Ruger to come out with a pocket 9 but now I just hope that it will be pocketable. Of course it couldn't be the size of the LCP and would have to be beefed up so a size increase is not a surprise.

I already have an LCP and an SR9c and if the LC9 can't fill a pocket carry role I may have to pass. It looks a bit bigger than the LCP and a bit smaller than the SR9c.

It will really all come down to getting to handle one in person and being able to make a real size comparison.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    The loaded round indicator is ugly, hate mag disconnects on a defensive weapon and I could have lived without the thumb safety as I suspect it won't be as smooth as the one on a 1911. It'll probably sell well but I'm disappointed that it wasn't more seriously inclined to CC. It seems to me that it was too lawyered up and that there was more of a focus on selling in CA instead of creating a more serious SD gun but then again, I know better. Gun companies are business and they're only real focus is on making money. Can't blame them but i'd hoped for something that would compare more to a Kahr but at a lower price point. I was REALLY hoping it would rival the PM9. Kahr has the it down pat when it comes to making a gun for CCW. No safety or eternal controls, no mag disconnect, smooth DAO trigger, good sights, light, etc. But you pay for them. This gun will compete well against the PF9 but I really don't like the overboard safety features that clutter up the gun or make it less suitable for defensive use.

Oh well....

Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Going to the gun show in Richmond this weekend. Hopefully someone there will have one to check out.
    They won't be released until after Feb 1.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I see it as being a nice blend between the SR9 (and SR40) and the LCP.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    The loaded round indicator is ugly, hate mag disconnects on a defensive weapon and I could have lived without the thumb safety as I suspect it won't be as smooth as the one on a 1911. It'll probably sell well but I'm disappointed that it wasn't more seriously inclined to CC. It seems to me that it was too lawyered up and that there was more of a focus on selling in CA instead of creating a more serious SD gun but then again, I know better. Gun companies are business and they're only real focus is on making money. Can't blame them but i'd hoped for something that would compare more to a Kahr but at a lower price point. I was REALLY hoping it would rival the PM9. Kahr has the it down pat when it comes to making a gun for CCW. No safety or eternal controls, no mag disconnect, smooth DAO trigger, good sights, light, etc. But you pay for them. This gun will compete well against the PF9 but I really don't like the overboard safety features that clutter up the gun or make it less suitable for defensive use.

Oh well....

Gideon
    Hell, if you don't like a thumb safety, then it's simple, DON'T USE IT! Why dismiss a gun simply because it has safety features? O.o

Sponsored Links