Thinking of going BIGGER - Page 3

Thinking of going BIGGER

This is a discussion on Thinking of going BIGGER within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ive been trying to find someone with a M&P 45 and a P90 so i can try them out...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of going BIGGER

ive been trying to find someone with a M&P 45 and a P90 so i can try them out

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I like 9mm because I shoot it well. I like .45 becasue I "like" to shoot it and can shoot it well with the right gun. I have to compromise on capacity because of small hands so no double stacks for me. I don't like .45 becasue I find it too "snappy" for me compared to the push-thump of the .45.

To each their own. I think most guys will have won or lost the fight before the difference in caliber makes a difference. I.e., if you don't get the gun out and get off a well placed round fast enough, it won't matter. The other part of that is that in many cases, producing a gun will be sufficient.

I like .38's because I like the compact J frames for concealment.

Anyway, get the one you want and keep the one you have in case it's not what you though it would be.

Gideon

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwa72769 View Post
    I have always carried .38 or 9mm my current ECD is a ruger p95 andf i love it but im thinking of going to a .40 or .45 looking at ruger p90 or 94 and the S&W M&P! any thoughts?
    The M&P is well made and is very reliable. The ergonomics are outstanding, it is a very comfortable gun to shoot. The only thing that gets me is the capacity is only 10 rounds and the barrel is only 4.5" The competition has 5" barrels and 13 rounds... But non the less the M&P excels in the comfort and looks... plus it is from an American company.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jwa72769 View Post
    ive been trying to find someone with a M&P 45 and a P90 so i can try them out
    Too bad you don't live near Orlando I'd let you shoot my dad's p90 and my p345 and the SR40. If you're comfortable with the DA/SA and can conceal your p95 well then I'd stick with what you know. The manual of arms is exactly the same with the p90 and the p944. The trigger pull of the p90 is the same as the p95/p89 size is pretty much the same only real that that differs is the recoil I prefer my p345 over the p90 but both work great and use the same magazine too. When I shoot my SR40 it feels like I'm shooting a 9mm so the recoil isn't all that much different from a 9mm. Whatever way you choose to go good luck to you and don't forget to let us know!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links